Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-29-2009, 06:19 AM   #1
sirivor
sirivor began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS505
Post Problem with Sony PRS-505

Having a problem with the display of book titles on a new reader. I cannot find any way of modifying the PDF file name prior to loading the reader. No problem if the name is the book name, but occasionally there is a long preamble in the filename and that ends up as the book title on the reader. Looking at a title like 06728837263_-_libro.R_ can be a bit confusing... I have tried changing the file name on the PC but the reader always displays the PDF filename, not the PC file reference.
sirivor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 06:37 AM   #2
dogsballs
Zealot
dogsballs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dogsballs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dogsballs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dogsballs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dogsballs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dogsballs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dogsballs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dogsballs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dogsballs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dogsballs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dogsballs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony psr-505
dont know for sure if this will help but the online coverter http://www.lib2go.com/
which i have used a few times gives you the opertunity to set name and so forth.
but this converter uses caliber so i guess you could simple use that
dogsballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-29-2009, 06:42 AM   #3
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
Hya Sirivor. I find the very best library software for the 505 (as do many here) is the free 'Calibre'. You'll find a download and discussion if you go to 'forums' and select 'calibre'. Using that programme, you simply hit the 'meta' button and you can change your title line and author details as well as adding genre, notes, etc on any book. Also, the software very easily converts PDF to other formats (like ePub) if you ask it to. Takes seconds. The software was developed by a member here and is really gaining a following. I especially like it -- not so much because of its undoubted sophistocation in some areas -- but because I'm a real dunce with technology and it's so darned easy to use. Good luck. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 11:35 AM   #4
sirivor
sirivor began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS505
Thanks guys. Calibre not only sorted out that particular problem, it saves a heap of memory through file conversion. Nice program....
sirivor is offline   Reply With Quote