Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 11-08-2013, 12:21 AM   #1
Jane A
Addict
Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Is my Nook ST with Glowlight dying?

I've tried to search the forums for this problem, but I didn't come up with much. My Nook's touchscreen has been sporadically unresponsive for about a month now, and it has become much worse over the last few days. It's not really locked up, if I put it down for awhile and come back to it the touch screen will be working again. I can turn pages and pull up the library with no problem. Occasionally some touch functions will work but others won't. I turn it off and on again and there is no change. I got this for my birthday a year ago, a date which is rolling around again this coming weekend. It was a gift and I am sure it was purchased about a year and a few days ago. Sigh.

So, is it dying? It feels like perfectly timed planned obsolescence. I've really liked this ereader, especially the backlit feature, because I often read in bed while DH is sleeping. I can go back to my Astak, but I'll miss the light!
Jane A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 01:07 AM   #2
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane A View Post
I've tried to search the forums for this problem, but I didn't come up with much. My Nook's touchscreen has been sporadically unresponsive for about a month now, and it has become much worse over the last few days. It's not really locked up, if I put it down for awhile and come back to it the touch screen will be working again. I can turn pages and pull up the library with no problem. Occasionally some touch functions will work but others won't. I turn it off and on again and there is no change. I got this for my birthday a year ago, a date which is rolling around again this coming weekend. It was a gift and I am sure it was purchased about a year and a few days ago. Sigh.

So, is it dying? It feels like perfectly timed planned obsolescence. I've really liked this ereader, especially the backlit feature, because I often read in bed while DH is sleeping. I can go back to my Astak, but I'll miss the light!
Look at the sides of the screen dust might have stuck there and could be blocking the infra beams nook uses to detect touches. If that doesn't help try factory resetting your device.
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-08-2013, 10:03 AM   #3
Jane A
Addict
Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopedangel View Post
Look at the sides of the screen dust might have stuck there and could be blocking the infra beams nook uses to detect touches.
Really? That's interesting. It is a bit dirty, but I haven't been sure how to clean out the corners. I'll try some compressed air.
Jane A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 07:16 AM   #4
Dan_nook
Dan_nook began at the beginning.

Device: nook
I have the same problem. It comes and goes. Like Dopedangel said, it's probably caused by dust. Never leave the nook sitting screen-up!
Dan_nook is offline   Reply With Quote