Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 05-19-2010, 02:59 AM   #1
dream88
Banned
dream88 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Cool Top 5 novels in your E-book

Can you share your novels in your E-book with us?
dream88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 12:03 PM   #2
Chiron
Fantasy & SciFi Reader
Chiron has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Chiron has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Chiron has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Astak EZ Reader Pocket Pro
Well, i dont know if this count but i have a few that arent on digital but got it from my physical books (no particular order):

*Wheel of Time books
*Sword of Truth books
*Harry Potter books
*La Soledad de los Números Primos (Paolo Giordano)
*Time Traveler's Wife (Audrey Niffenegger)
Chiron is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-19-2010, 02:36 PM   #3
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
"Net Assets" by Carl Bussjaeger
"April" by Mackey Chandler (this is a first-draft that is still searching for a home)
"Hope" by L Neil Smith
"Semper Fi" by W.E.B. Griffin
"Atlas Shrugged" by Ayn Rand

Of course I've got about two dozen that I keep on my Kindle full-time because I never know when I might want to re-read them. These include such titles as:

"Empire From the Ashes" by David Weber
"On Basilisk Station" by David Weber
"Conflict of Honors" by Sharon Lee and Steve Miller
"Alongside Night" by J Neil Schulman

Derek
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 11:17 PM   #4
ellenoc
Author
ellenoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ellenoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ellenoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ellenoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ellenoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ellenoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ellenoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ellenoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ellenoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ellenoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ellenoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
You didn't say what your criterion is. My list would be different if it were books I'm likely to reread, as opposed to books I enjoyed very much when I read them but don't expect to want to reread. Be that as it may, this is what I picked from those on my Kindle:

Brat Farrar - Josephine Tey (I have reread this a couple of times over the years.)
Major Pettigrew’s Last Stand - Helen Simonson (Probably will never reread, but it's a delightful story well told.)
All God’s Creatures - Carolyn McSparren (Almost but not quite in Herriot's class. I expect I will reread this someday.)
John Adams - David McCullough (Reading it on Kindle was my 2d time. I borrowed it from a friend when it first came out.)
A Night Too Dark - Dana Stabenow (I have all her Kate Shugak books and do reread them every 5 years or so.)
ellenoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 11:17 PM   #5
sabredog
Geographically Restricted
sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T3, Kindle Voyage, iPad Air2, Nexus7v2
My current PRS-300 top 5....

The Lost Fleet 06 - Victorious (Jack Campbell)
Troy Rising 01 - Live free or Die (John Ringo)
Spinward Fringe series (Randolph Lalonde)
Safehold 04 - A Mighty Fortress (David Weber)
Rogue Hunter (Kevis Hendrickson)
sabredog is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-20-2010, 04:34 AM   #6
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dream88 View Post
It is the second topic in the last few days about your favourite book/ebook.
Both created by relatively new members of the forum.
Your all time favorite book is....
Are you collecting some data for a research for your university assignment?
Just curious
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 11:21 AM   #7
Worldwalker
Curmudgeon
Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
Also we seem to have an influx of people who are unclear on the difference between an ebook and an ebook reader. Yep, I think we're being studied. Where's my cheese?
Worldwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 11:25 AM   #8
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worldwalker View Post
Also we seem to have an influx of people who are unclear on the difference between an ebook and an ebook reader. Yep, I think we're being studied. Where's my cheese?
You cheese is on its way!
Old 05-21-2010, 02:50 AM   #9
lene1949
Wizard
lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paper white
Quote:
An e-book is a book you read on your ebook reader...
lene1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 02:55 PM   #10
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
There is no way to know which eBooks on my 505 are the top 5 until I've read them. And once I've read them, they get deleted. So then I end up with unread eBooks and back to square one.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 03:14 PM   #11
astra
The Introvert

Quote:
I usually don't read small stories or anthologies. So, I would be unable to tell what 5 stories I liked the best in any particular ebook.