Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-18-2010, 07:21 PM   #1
Bureaucromancer
Enthusiast
Bureaucromancer began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Calibre not detecting device

My calibre software recently stopped detecting my Kobo at all. Everything else is normal, including ADE, Kobo Desktop and using it as mass storage, but Calibre just doesn't see it at all. This seems to have happened with an update, so I may be missing an interface change, but I have looked pretty hard, and the send to device option is greyed whatever I do, let alone finding the device management screen...

I've tried restoring a clean database to the device, and it hasn't changed anything. It still works perfectly with other programs, but isn't seen at all by Calibre. Any help for me?
Bureaucromancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 07:35 PM   #2
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Bureaucromancer if you don't get help soon, try posting in the "Calibre" forum.......
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 07:39 PM   #3
Bureaucromancer
Enthusiast
Bureaucromancer began at the beginning.

Thats my next step actually, since this seems more or less device specific I decided to try here first though, and figured it was better not to double post immediately.
Bureaucromancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 12:16 AM   #4
zoran
himself
zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Calibre has it's own db. Check if it is in a correct directory. Maybe
new version changed default dir, so you have to find it first?
zoran is offline   Reply With Quote