Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 09-15-2010, 10:07 AM   #1
Quake1028
Guru
Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: See signature
How much money have you spent on e-Reader hardware?

Myself:

+$120.00 Kindle 2i (used)
+$142.99 Kindle 3 WiFi (overnight shipping)
+$109.00 nook WiFi (used)

-$100.00 Kindle 2i (sold)

If we want to add in accessories:

$38.98 Burnt Orange K3 Cover (overnight shipping)
$12.00 M-Edge K2i Latitude Jacket (used)
$11.76 Mighty Brite Lite (new)

Grand Total: $334.73

You?
Quake1028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 11:05 AM   #2
Lady Fitzgerald
Wizard
Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: JetBook Lite (away from home) + 1 spare, 32" TV (at home)
Too much?

$129 Mentor
$99 JetBook Lite
$129 second JetBook Lite (just ordered for a spare)
Lady Fitzgerald is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-15-2010, 11:17 AM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Many thousands of pounds over the years, but it's my hobby, and for me it's been worth every penny.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 11:56 AM   #4
some call me tim
Connoisseur
some call me tim can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguesome call me tim can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguesome call me tim can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguesome call me tim can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguesome call me tim can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguesome call me tim can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguesome call me tim can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguesome call me tim can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguesome call me tim can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguesome call me tim can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguesome call me tim can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kobo Libra
I try to be frugal and get the best bang for my buck whenever possible.

$85 Sony PRS-505
$25 Book Armor cover
$12 MightyBrite Travelflex book light
some call me tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 12:03 PM   #5
Maggie Leung
Wizard
Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.

Device: Kindle, iPad
A Kindle at $359 and a couple of iPads with 3G and 64GB.

I can read on my cell phones, but that's not why I got 'em
Maggie Leung is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-15-2010, 12:16 PM   #6
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
$170 for the jetBook Lite, a leather slipcase, a 2 gig SanDisk SD card, an SD card reader and 10 rechargeable batteries with a charger.
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 12:57 PM   #7
simplyparticular
Guru
simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3 & GlowLight 4
In addition to an avid reader, I'm a gadget freak, so I doubt I'm "normal," although hanging at MR makes me feel more normal Since I don't have the deep pockets required to support my obsessive habits, I bought all my devices on eBay, and sold the ones I decided against. The ones in BLUE are what I kept for now.

Devices
$180 Sony Reader PRS-700
$235 Kindle 2i + accessories
$165 Nook 3G
$95 Sony Reader PRS-300
$131 Sony Reader PRS-600
$100 Bookeen CyBook Opus
($170) sold Sony Reader PRS-700
($235) sold Kindle 2i & accessories
($98) sold Sony Reader PRS-300
($140) sold Sony Reader PRS-600

Accessories
$20 Lighted Cover for PRS-600
$12 Nook Industriell Easel cover
$26 JAVOedge Nook Flip cover
$15 Pink Nylon Zip case

($28) sold Lighted Cover for PRS-600
$22 eBook-Lite
$5 Case Logic PRS-300 Clutch Case for Opus

$335 Grand Total

Slightly more than I thought, but I wasn't counting accessories in my head.

And that doesn't count the PRS-650 and/or PRS-950 I'm going to buy and compare to the Nook and Opus. I'd like one device, but I can't decide on one device
simplyparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 04:25 PM   #8
SkyDream
Wizard
SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.

Device: PRS-650, iPod touch 4G, iPad 3
Too much.

About 700€ = 910 $ for PRS-505 and PRS-900 (import to europe).

Currently planning to buy the new PRS-950 and PocketBook 902/903.
SkyDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 04:30 PM   #9
vxf
Guru
vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 350, 900, 950; Kindles (ALL of them!); Kobo Aura One
0$ for a PRS900.

Thanks to my department head who bought the ideas I REALLY NEEDED it to read work-related stuff...
vxf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 04:31 PM   #10
Pookeysgirl
Wizard
Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kobo Mini
$149 + shipping (can't remember what it was)for my Kobo, $20 Roots sleeve, $15 Screen protector, $19 book light, $20 skin
Pookeysgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 07:14 PM   #11
bridgetostars
bridgetostars plays well with othersbridgetostars plays well with othersbridgetostars plays well with othersbridgetostars plays well with othersbridgetostars plays well with othersbridgetostars plays well with othersbridgetostars plays well with othersbridgetostars plays well with othersbridgetostars plays well with othersbridgetostars plays well with othersbridgetostars plays well with others

Device: Nook
$149 for Nook Wi-Fi and $36.50 for a JAVOEdge case. I also got a booklight for cheap that works clipped to my case, but not the nook itself, for $2.50. :]

So... $188, shipping included.

But I'm a total beginner, and I'm sure there will be more. A gelaskin is looking miiiighty pretty!... but I'll put that off for quite a while yet.
bridgetostars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 04:49 AM   #12
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Sony Reader PRS-500 - £240
Sony Reader PRS-505 - £220
Verilux lamp - £20
Mighty Bright XtraFlex2 LED Light - £13
Pouch - £34
Metal DVD case - £5

Total (roughly) - £530.

However, I am about to shed £20 for a new cover to replace a broken one for PRS-505, and some £220-230 for 650+cover+wall charger.
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 05:35 AM   #13
athlonkmf
Guru
athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, Sony PRS-505, Kindle 3, Sony PRS350, iPad 64GB
Compaq/HP iPaq $700 (<-yes that's really the first ereader for me as I bought it to read on the road. It majorly sucked, but there were no better mobile alternatives )
PRS500 $500-$600 (<- paid the big prize for it. To be sent over by fedex and have to pay importtaxes)
PRS505 $300 (<-went to the us and bought it personally)
iPad 64GB Wifi $700,- (<-shipped it directly from america. And the best reader I've ever bought)

all in all... too much...
athlonkmf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 05:59 AM   #14
Ea
Wizard
Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3|iPad air|iPhone 4S
I don't quite dare to think about it Not sure about the net worth, but this is the list:

I've had (and sold again):
Dell Axim51 PDA
Cybook Gen3
Irex Iliad
Hanlin V3
Sony PRS-505
Irex DR1000

I own:
iPod Touch (1st gen)
Kindle 2
Pocketbook 360
Sony PRS-600

(I want:
Kindle DXG)
Ea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 07:11 AM   #15
GhostHawk
Data Privateer!
GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.

Device: Ectaco Jetbook& Jetbook Lite
1st Jetbook 160$
4 months later Jetbook for the wife 140$

2 Jetbooks for Father and Father in law 120$ each or 240$.

Jetbook Light for myself 100$ (my Jetbook was then handed down to daughter)

2 Jetbook Lights when they were on sale at 70$. One is a Christmas present for my wifes boss. The other is a backup just in case my wife or I should have one go down on us.

Easily well over 700$ but a lot of that was not for me.
GhostHawk is offline   Reply With Quote