Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Fictionwise eBookwise

Notices

Old 09-20-2008, 05:15 PM   #1
askyn
Addict
askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (11th Gen)
Question regarding eBT inc and the ETI-1

Just a topic for discussion in passing etc.

Has anyone every talked with eBook Tech to find out why they reserve the ETI-1 for military / enterprise markets only?

I would assume with the color screen and the few extra features it would be popular as is with the larget market?

could it be the production costs make it prohibitive as a consumer retail item?

There by makeing it a niche item for those that can aford to pay the preium price etc?

Just wondering.
askyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 05:55 PM   #2
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
I do not think they have too many. It may be possible to email them and get them to sell you one. Someone else did this earlier I believe. While all of these units are new I believe they are being sold out of a warehouse and someday they will run out.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-23-2008, 03:07 AM   #3
askyn
Addict
askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (11th Gen)
I shot off a email to them requesting information on purchaseing a ETI-1 and recieved a very pleasent email return.

ill post it below for those interseted, upshot is that they sell them still, cost is a little high ( compared to eti-2 ), about $400. Priced simular to a epaper reader.

Quote:
Hello, Larry:
I'm glad to hear of your interest in our electronic book solutions. Is your interest for business or personal use?

As you saw on our web site, we have two models of electronic book. The ETI-1 is a color VGA device typically targeted toward enterprise, training and military applications. The device is available for $400 per unit. The ETI-2 is typically used in consumer applications although we have had enterprise customers select the device for its long battery life, robustness and low price point. The device is available at $150 per unit.

Please note that we sell the ETI-2 in the consumer space through our strategic partners, eBookwise (www.ebookwise.com) and Filament Books (www.FilamentBooks.com). Consumers typically are not interested in the ETI-1 model, as the price point is rather high for personal use.

In addition, enterprise customers typically license one of our server offerings to organize and distribute their content. These applications allow one or more people to centrally control and distribute content to thousands of electronic books. We are able to provide these applications on the customer's hardware or using an Application Service Provider model on our servers. For more on the system architecture, see: http://www.ebooktechnologies.com/products.htm I would like to learn more about your application to determine what is appropriate.

If you’re interested in the eBook solution for business use for document distribution, please let me know, as I’d like to learn about your requirements, and we’ll get you in the right direction.

Thank you again for contacting us!

Regards,
Jeanne

Jeanne Carlin
Director of Sales
eBook Technologies, Inc
tel: 714.444.2726
mobile: 805.689.6157
jc@eBookTechnologies.com
P "Think before you print."

On Sep 21, 2008, at 12:03 AM, Clarks7 wrote:
Hello,

I am interested in buying a single ETI-1 at this time and was wondering if you could send me some pricing information?

Thank you very much
Larry Clark
askyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 04:30 AM   #4
ashkulz
Addict
ashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle 1/REB 1200
You can get the 1200 at around $200 or lesser on eBay (they don't turn up much, though). I got one much cheaper from a fellow Mobilereader, but most of us who have 1200 don't want to give it up
ashkulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 10:53 AM   #5
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashkulz View Post
You can get the 1200 at around $200 or lesser on eBay (they don't turn up much, though). I got one much cheaper from a fellow Mobilereader, but most of us who have 1200 don't want to give it up
Here! Here!

Anyone actually have a GEB2150 on mobileread.com? My REB1200 displays images a bit too slow (ok the images are high quality...), but I read that the GEB2150 is faster somehow.

Anyone have both and could compare with a Classic .imp ebook like HarryT's "Pride and Prejudice" converted by zelda_pinwheel, per se.

Might be worth it if I could get a GEB2150; then my spare REB1200 would be free (ok not really free).
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert