Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 06-21-2013, 11:37 AM   #1
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Developer Summer Holidays

For our audience that has gotten used to a continuous stream of new Kindle additions . . . .
Most of our active development members are on Summer Holiday (from Kindle hacking).

A key component of most Holidays is the "road trip"

No one has sent me a clip from any of their actual road trips, but
the following short clip should give our readers the general idea:
Road Trippin, '78

Remember to put on your seat belt for that stuff.

Last edited by knc1; 07-22-2013 at 11:33 AM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 06:42 AM   #2
aditya3098
Guru
aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe
I am just enjoying the first monsoon rains after a 50*C summer that literally killed people.
aditya3098 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-22-2013, 09:27 AM   #3
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Hehe... no holidays here, but busy with other stuff. Anyway, the only new additions from my side would be porting CM and JBPatch to newer FW versions. I started with CM, but after seeing what a piece of crap 5.3.6 is, I'll wait for 5.3.7 before considering JBPatch.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 11:57 AM   #4
aditya3098
Guru
aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
Hehe... no holidays here, but busy with other stuff. Anyway, the only new additions from my side would be porting CM and JBPatch to newer FW versions. I started with CM, but after seeing what a piece of crap 5.3.6 is, I'll wait for 5.3.7 before considering JBPatch.
In a way, I guess it's kind of nice that amazon abandoned the touch after 5.3.2.1
aditya3098 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 08:27 PM   #5
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
As for me, I'm back \o/!

Nothing fancy on the table though, mostly the usual rebuilds/fixes for the SS/Fonts stuff.

(That, and 4 months of forum posts to catch up on... ).
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-23-2013, 09:01 PM   #6
GoSharks
SQUIRREL!!
GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K-Fire, PW2, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
As for me, I'm back \o/!

Nothing fancy on the table though, mostly the usual rebuilds/fixes for the SS/Fonts stuff.

GoSharks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 10:22 PM   #7
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
As for me, I'm back \o/!

Welcome back.

Plenty of things to answer here, I have been doing what I can but I am also on a semi-holiday from Kindle hacking.
Just answering the easy questions when I get a chance.

I think that a few readers thought that my "developer road trip" clip was serious. Oh, well, such is the failure of humor in a technical forum.
Old 06-26-2013, 03:10 AM   #8
stepk
Groupie
stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K5 B011 5.3.2.1
Quote:
As for me, I'm back \o/!

Welcome back! I haven't been active on the forum in the past month or so, busy with real life. and it will stay like that for some time. While you catch up with the posts, buried somewhere in there I put https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/KUAL_What's_New. That was my latest KUAL feat (dl links at the end of that post), one significant version beyond the official KUAL version.
stepk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 05:12 AM   #9
bhaak
Groupie
bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Palm IIIx, (iPhone|Kindle) Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya3098 View Post
In a way, I guess it's kind of nice that amazon abandoned the touch after 5.3.2.1
They did? I'm haven't followed Amazon's update for the PW too closely but I had the impression that most updated features didn't apply to the Touch anyway.

As the update to 5.3.2 for the KT was a surprise to us as well, I wouldn't be surprised when at some point in the future a consolidated update to 5.3.x will happen which would bring the small fixes of the shared parts of the PW and KT firmware to the KT.
bhaak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 12:20 PM   #10
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@stepk: Thanks, I was just wondering if/how to do dynamic menus :}.

(That said, I'm not registered, and registrations are still closed, so... *hint* ^^)

Last edited by NiLuJe; 06-26-2013 at 12:30 PM.
Old 06-26-2013, 01:18 PM   #11
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
@stepk: Thanks, I was just wondering if/how to do dynamic menus :}.

(That said, I'm not registered, and registrations are still closed, so... *hint* ^^)
twobob is the lead on kual.knetconnect.com
knc1 is the lead on wiki.knetconnect.com

But if you will PM me the e-mail address you want to use for the registration information, I can take care of both site registrations for you.
(under the old adage of: "he who pays the piper, calls the tune". )

The only thing "not ready" on both sites is the member profile page and sharing registration/login information - the sites themselves are working (and twobob has his working in grayscale on grayscale display devices).

Last edited by knc1; 06-26-2013 at 01:21 PM.
Old 06-26-2013, 02:42 PM   #12
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@knc1: Done
Old 06-27-2013, 09:51 AM   #13
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
@knc1: Done
I re-enabled the new user registration on wiki.knetconnect.com for a few hours, in case there are any other folks who want to join the pre-release group of members.

The major holdup on the project wiki site is getting the member profile page changed to our own design.
The new profile page will (someday, when I have the time) look similar to this prototype:
http://wiki.knetconnect.com/twiki/bi...eTwo#ProtoType
Hover mouse pointer over the "T" in the upper right corner to see the toolbar.
(That is just a Wiki page (everything is a Wiki page) - the site package does some pretty fancy Wiki pages. )

New registrations on kual.knetconnect.com is still by "PM me here" while twobob is on summer holiday.

Last edited by knc1; 06-27-2013 at 10:14 AM.
Old 07-05-2013, 10:47 PM   #14
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Old 07-23-2013, 08:53 AM   #15
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
- - -
Anyway, the only new additions from my side would be porting CM and JBPatch to newer FW versions. I started with CM, but after seeing what a piece of crap 5.3.6 is, I'll wait for 5.3.7 before considering JBPatch.
Well, lab126 still can't count.

5.3.7 is out now, and it is for the K5-Touch
whereas 5.3.6 was for the K5-Paperwhite

(Perhaps just wait for K-Tizen 1.0 - - Oops, Tizen doesn't use Java and is 100% open source, including both the system and the applications build systems.)

@Amazon:
Go ahead, just piss off enough of the developers here and we will completely replace your &^%$&$# efforts at building firmware.
Our members have already proven they can out-code lab126.

Last edited by knc1; 07-23-2013 at 09:07 AM.