Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 03-15-2012, 12:47 PM   #1
VikingCrown
VikingCrown began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color, iPad 3
New iPad Conversion Settings?

Hi all,

I will be getting the new iPad tomorrow and I wanted to know if there was a way to set up an output profile to take advantage of the higher resolution of the new iPad.

Thanks!
VikingCrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 01:16 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
ebooks are largely vector (apart from the raster images in them). Unless you have ebooks with raster images larger than 1024x768 (highly unlikely) you wont see any difference on an ipad3, and if you do, just change your output profile in calibre to Tablet, in which case calibre will not resize images at all, so your ipad will be free to display the originals as best it can.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-15-2012, 01:59 PM   #3
VikingCrown
VikingCrown began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color, iPad 3
Thanks!!

Can you tell me how I would know if there were raster images in an ebook?

Also, when converting for iPad, should I use the output profile for Tablet or for iPad?
VikingCrown is offline   Reply With Quote