Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-15-2012, 02:30 PM   #31
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
No, Calibre doesn't mess it up. But, for example, some publishers use space between paragraphs and no indent, whereas my preference is to have no spacing and a first-line indent on a paragraph. Calibre makes it very easy to change things like that.
Thank you again. I played around with Calibre for quite a while and was pulling my hair out . Finally figured out how to remove the god-ugly 2em line spacing from my Hunger Games Trilogy - after A LOT of trial and error, and only after testing with the stylesheet in a epub conversion. There is no option to set the line spacing in Calibre, only a minimum line spacing in %. The setting for pt I tried and could not figure out how many pt I need to make 1.2em. Minimum does not really help, as it leaves the 2em in place. Workaround - while converting azw3 to azw3 I added line-height in Look and Feel - Filter Style Information. There should be a setting for maximum line spacing. Oh well all good now.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 02:44 PM   #32
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
The "remove space between paragraphs" check box in the Look and Feel page of the conversion options works in the majority of cases. When you do a conversion, Calibre applies its own defaults to things like line spacing and font size.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert