Notices

Old 06-30-2011, 01:03 PM   #1
Moik
Member Retired
Moik began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Sending via email fails

Hi,

when I want an automatically downloaded recipe emailed to my Kindle I get this message:

Code:
calibre, version 0.8.7
ERROR: Emailversand des Buches fehlgeschlagen: <b>Misslungen</b>: Schicke Handelsblatt an XXX@free.kindle.com via Email

Starting job: Schicke Handelsblatt an XXX@free.kindle.com via Email 

Sending failed...

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\email.py", line 37, in run
  File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\email.py", line 112, in sendmail
  File "site-packages\calibre\utils\smtp.py", line 91, in sendmail
  File "site-packages\calibre\utils\smtp.py", line 83, in sendmail_direct
IOError: Failed to send mail: SMTPServerDisconnected('Connection unexpectedly closed',)

Retrying in 1 seconds...

Sending failed...

File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\email.py", line 37, in run
  File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\email.py", line 112, in sendmail
  File "site-packages\calibre\utils\smtp.py", line 91, in sendmail
  File "site-packages\calibre\utils\smtp.py", line 83, in sendmail_direct
IOError: Failed to send mail: SMTPServerDisconnected('Connection unexpectedly closed',)

Job: "Schicke Handelsblatt an XXX@free.kindle.com via Email" failed with error: 
  File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\threaded_jobs.py", line 83, in start_work
  File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\email.py", line 92, in __call__

Called with args: (u'c:\\users\\XXX\\appdata\\local\\temp\\calibre_0.8.7_tmp_zl0f2c\\calibre_0.8.7_ecx8excaltmpfmt.mobi', u'Handelsblatt.mobi', u'XXX@free.kindle.com', u'Nachrichten: Handelsblatt', u'Im Anhang ist das Magazin Handelsblatt, von Calibre heruntergeladen.') {u'notifications': <Queue.Queue instance at 0x0A72EE90>, u'abort': <threading._Event object at 0x0A7308B0>, u'log': <calibre.utils.logging.GUILog object at 0x0A7308F0>}
Can anybody tell me what went wrong and how I can solve this issue? Thank you!
Moik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 09:29 AM   #2
ThierryX
ThierryX began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
I have the same problem. Sending emails to my free.indle.com address doesn't work anymore.
ThierryX is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-16-2011, 10:01 AM   #3
Moik
Member Retired

I checked on different recipes now and sending works with none of them. Is it really only the two of us with this problem?
Old 07-16-2011, 12:02 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/faq....ails-using-app
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 01:43 PM   #5
Moik
Member Retired

Thank you, gmail works for me!
Advert
Old 07-19-2011, 02:10 PM   #6
Weston
Weston began at the beginning.

Hi, I've not been able to get either the auto or manual email send to my free kindle address to work for me. I've searched these forums but have not yet found anyone having this issue - the solution for most of the send email issues appears to be "use gmail" as per the calibre user guide: http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/faq....ails-using-app

However, that's where I'm starting - and am unable to figure it out on my own.

This is the error I receive when I "test" email from within calibre preferences panel for gmail (I've tried both the gmail and hotmail account setups and receive the same error response) - I note that it says "operation timed out" which seems to be a common thread here... however, I don't know what to do about that... thanks in advance for any help in resolving what may very well be a very simple solution.

File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/wizard/send_email.py", line 173, in test_email_settings
File "site-packages/calibre/utils/smtp.py", line 103, in sendmail
File "site-packages/calibre/utils/smtplib.py", line 303, in connect
File "site-packages/calibre/utils/smtplib.py", line 281, in _get_socket
File "lib/python2.7/socket.py", line 571, in create_connection
error: [Errno 60] Operation timed out
Log:
Weston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 06:55 PM   #7
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
Something is preventing you from creating a socket for sending the email. Most likely a firewall.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote