Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-04-2011, 10:06 PM   #1
ccayer
ccayer is on a distinguished road

Device: Dell Axim X50v, JetBook Lite
Change default eReader, format & justification

I've recently replaced my Axim x50v & JetBook with a Kindle 3. I've been keeping Calibre up-to-date (currently 0.7.37). I thought I changed the settings in Calibre to default to the Kindle (Preferences > Common Options > Page Setup > Output Profile Kindle), yet when I choose to convert a book to MOBI format, the Page Setup still shows the JetBook 5-inch as the default Output Profile. I even ran the Welcome Wizard again, and the JetBook still shows up.

I also changed the preferred input order (Preferences > Behavior > Preferered Input Format Order) to LIT, MOBI, EPUB, yet when I choose to convert a book with LIT & EPUB formats, the default input format is EPUB.

I've also tried setting the default justification (Preferences > Common Options > Look & Feel > Text Justification) to Justify Text, yet when I convert a book, the default is still set to Original.

Is there someplace else I should be changing these options? Or does it work differently than I'm expecting?

Thanks!
ccayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 11:07 PM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccayer View Post
Is there someplace else I should be changing these options? Or does it work differently than I'm expecting?
You are changing things in the correct places. However it does work a little different then you expect. Specifically any book that previously had been converted will retain the settings in anticipation of the next time you wish to convert it. Making all of the global changes you made, will affect the settings of any books you try to convert that have not been converted before.

You can apply the new global settings to your conversions by doing the following.

When you go to convert a single book you can click on the restore defaults button (see attached) on the bottom to place all of your new global settings to this conversion.

When you go to convert a group of books you can uncheck the Use saved conversion settings for individual books (see attached) at the top left to place all of your new global settings to these books for conversion.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	convert_single.jpg
Views:	373
Size:	130.7 KB
ID:	64118   Click image for larger version

Name:	convert_bulk.jpg
Views:	347
Size:	148.1 KB
ID:	64119  
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert