Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 11-24-2010, 05:45 PM   #1
richard friedman
film maker
richard friedman began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch 3G
Canadian question

as a Canadian and a Kindle DX owner, can I email personal documents to my kindle and can others email documents to my kindle.......? Is Whispernet available in Canada and if not why not?
richard friedman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 06:49 PM   #2
SensualPoet
Wizard
SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Paperwhite, Asus ZenPad 3, Kobo Glo
Whispernet is available throughout Canada and has been since the Kindle was released in Canada about this time last year. The 3G works fine (I've tried in in NL, QC and ON.)
SensualPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-24-2010, 07:11 PM   #3
dwig
Wizard
dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Current:Surface Go & Kindle 3 - Retired: DellV8p, Clie UX50, ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by richard friedman View Post
... can others email documents to my kindle? ...
Yes, if you add their email address to the like of permitted email senders. The list is on Amazon's site on the "Manage My Kindle" pages.
dwig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 07:37 PM   #4
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
Also, the fees for using 3G to receive e-mailed documents are much higher outside the US. I think it was 99 cents per MB, rounded up, the last time I checked.

You can set a maximum amount for the fees at the Manage Your Kindle page on the Amazon site so that you don't go over whatever you decide to set as a limit.
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 07:46 PM   #5
Luke King
Member Retired
Luke King ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luke King ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luke King ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luke King ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luke King ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luke King ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luke King ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luke King ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luke King ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luke King ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luke King ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2
I usually opt to email the documents back to myself and then put them on my kindle manually. I'd rather do this than pay.
Luke King is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-25-2010, 04:10 PM   #6
richard friedman
film maker

thanks for all replies....all hugely helpful!!!!
Old 11-25-2010, 04:36 PM   #7
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
Richard, now that you know the answer to what you asked, let me add that the only Canadian question this week is "Who do you pick to win the Grey Cup?", and I'm picking the Als!!!
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 06:55 AM   #8
richard friedman
film maker

as a born and bred Montréalais........Go Als Go!!!