Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 08-20-2009, 07:43 PM   #1
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Welcome to the Jetbook Forum!

Ok, fellow Jetbook owners: We have our Jetbook Forum.

I'm a moderator here (on Mobileread) and I own a Jetbook. I'm not an expert, but I'm an advocate for our Reader.

This Reader, as we know, is a joy to use. It has some rough edges, but it offers an alternative to e-ink (not that there's anything wrong with that. I own two e-ink devices and I love them)....

You'll find all kinds of information in the Forum about Updates from the Jetbook team, in addition to a friendly place to discuss details about this wonderful Reader. It's not perfect - no Reader is, in my opinion - but the Reader is a versatile machine and a joy to use for reading.

Let's have some fun!

Don

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 08-21-2009 at 04:37 AM.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 07:58 PM   #2
Kralik
Guru
Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Rooted NST
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
friendly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
where people are nice and problems are solved with helpful advice and friendliness.
I like it.
Kralik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 08:37 PM   #3
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
OK, Now that we have a forum, how about all you smart Linux wizards start an Ink Pot project!
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 10:19 PM   #4
jgray
Fanatic
jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara 2E & Sage
I don't visit MR for a day and you guys sneak in a new jetBook forum Now I don't have to post in the "Other Devices" section. I no longer feel like a red headed stepchild. Many thanks.

So, if I have breaking news about the jetBook, should I post it here, or in the "News" forum? (No news just yet, but I may hear something soon.)
jgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 10:20 PM   #5
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Congratulations Jetbookers!
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 10:49 PM   #6
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, jetBook-Lite, jetBook mini, Toshiba Thrive, JETBOOK COLOR
Cool. We finally have jetBook forum! Should I change my signature now?
Kris777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 04:29 AM   #7
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgray View Post
I don't visit MR for a day and you guys sneak in a new jetBook forum Now I don't have to post in the "Other Devices" section. I no longer feel like a red headed stepchild. Many thanks.

So, if I have breaking news about the jetBook, should I post it here, or in the "News" forum? (No news just yet, but I may hear something soon.)

I think it's your call.

Where do you think it would get the most attention?

Breaking news of a very important nature (again, your call), would probably be better placed in the News Forum.

I'm not here to "police" anyone, but to join in on the great discussion and the topics of interest for the jetBook.

Don

P.S.: The only time I normally write as a Moderator is when tempers start to get out of hand or something inappropriate is posted. Keep in mind, also, that I don't "own" this Forum, and that any Moderator who finds interest in the jetBook Forum will drop in. First and foremost, Moderators are LOVERS OF READING, and we roam around on MobileRead Forums like a zit out of control on a teenager's face. Personally, I stay away from Forums that I find unappetizing, uninteresting, or unpleasant to my personality - as I imagine you would, too. And the jetBook does NOT fall under that category!

Have fun!!!

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 08-21-2009 at 04:32 AM.
Old 08-21-2009, 04:47 AM   #8
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

I've made this a sticky for first-time buyers who may drop by or for those individuals who may be thinking about a jetBook.

Welcome to MobileRead.

Here you'll find a variety of Threads relating to the jetBook. If you have a question on your jetBook, please don't hesitate (after looking through the Threads) to post your question or observation or problem. You'll find many helpful owners here who will welcome you.

Also, don't forget to visit the Introduce Yourself Forum located under the big heading of Miscellaneous.

Have fun!

Don
(Moderator)
Old 08-21-2009, 04:06 PM   #9
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgray View Post
Personally, I would recommend posting it here... then report your post that you feel it is "front page news worthy". If we the mods agree.... then we will create a front page news item with a link back to your thread.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 04:21 PM   #10
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Somewhere in todays "Introduce Yourself" posts, there is a new Jetbookie. I said "Hi!" but you guys be sure to welcome her also.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 05:54 PM   #11
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

I'll try to locate that person, although we're getting ready to go out shortly.

If someone locates this individual why not send him/her a PM?

Thanks,
Don
Old 08-23-2009, 04:08 PM   #12
vsalvaggio
Zealot
vsalvaggio ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vsalvaggio ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vsalvaggio ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vsalvaggio ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vsalvaggio ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vsalvaggio ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vsalvaggio ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vsalvaggio ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vsalvaggio ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vsalvaggio ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vsalvaggio ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone, Kindle
Boy! Go on vacation and don't visit the site for few days and wow how things changed! Great to see the new forum!
vsalvaggio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 07:35 PM   #13
doug38
doug38 began at the beginning.

Device: Ectaco jetBook or Aluratek Libre
A note to ECTACO about their FAQ/ 'comparison chart' for jetBook, Sony, and Kindle. The models and features of the Sony might be updated. For example, now that Sony has two other models than that shown, the 'Pocket' and the 'Touch,' maybe it would be useful to know that file formats may have changed, along with a few other physical characteristics--and the device photos for Sony and Kindle. Generally, a comparison chart can be helpful and informative.
doug38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 08:56 PM   #14
Kralik
Guru
Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Rooted NST
Quote:
Originally Posted by doug38 View Post
A note to ECTACO about their FAQ/ 'comparison chart' for jetBook, Sony, and Kindle. The models and features of the Sony might be updated. For example, now that Sony has two other models than that shown, the 'Pocket' and the 'Touch,' maybe it would be useful to know that file formats may have changed, along with a few other physical characteristics--and the device photos for Sony and Kindle. Generally, a comparison chart can be helpful and informative.
Basically the comparison chart issue has been hashed and rehashed -- yes, it is out of date and biased. Likely to change soon? Probably not. I'd just ignore it.
Kralik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 11:11 PM   #15
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, jetBook-Lite, jetBook mini, Toshiba Thrive, JETBOOK COLOR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kralik View Post
Basically the comparison chart issue has been hashed and rehashed -- yes, it is out of date and biased. Likely to change soon? Probably not. I'd just ignore it.
I didn't find the comparsion chart on jetbook.net website. I found just picture that compare jetBook and Kindle screen:
Kris777 is offline   Reply With Quote