Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 09-10-2010, 09:00 AM   #1
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite, B&N Nook Colro
Converting the Wife (maybe)

My wife, much like myself stated that I would never buy an e-Reader, reading books is just so much better.

Well I've been converted, I do enjoy books, but when I'm working or travelling, I bring the e-Reader and of course I can carry multiple books with me on it.

A while ago, I was reading it, and my wife asked me if I wanted to read a certain book she read, she thought I might like it.

I said "I already have it on the eReader, in fact, I have the whole series" that kind of peaked her interest. Then when I told her we could get free Chocolate by showing the "Nook coupon" that almost sealed it

Seriously though, she has never out right said "I want one" but I can tell that she's leaning towards it...and so I'm buying her a Nook for her birthday today...I'm hoping that she'll like it...or at least won't be ticked at the money I spent LOL.

But I'll load it with alot of the freebies from B&N that are there this week as well as some books she's been wanting to read from the "darknet", and give it to her that way.....here's to hoping we have another convert on our hands!!
jhempel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 09:08 AM   #2
durkinrobinson
Lovechild
durkinrobinson rocks like Gibraltar!durkinrobinson rocks like Gibraltar!durkinrobinson rocks like Gibraltar!durkinrobinson rocks like Gibraltar!durkinrobinson rocks like Gibraltar!durkinrobinson rocks like Gibraltar!durkinrobinson rocks like Gibraltar!durkinrobinson rocks like Gibraltar!durkinrobinson rocks like Gibraltar!durkinrobinson rocks like Gibraltar!durkinrobinson rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Kindle
This discussion title looked so interesting. And then I found out what a nook was...color me disappointed. :-)
durkinrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-10-2010, 09:18 AM   #3
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Um....well....I did post it in the Nook forum for a reason.

I own one as well. I don't have any problems with the nook, love it to death.
Old 09-10-2010, 01:18 PM   #4
bill_mchale
Wizard
bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, HPC Evo 4G LTE
I came in wondering what software you were using to convert your wife and to what format .

The best way to convert someone, I think, is to lend them your reader for a while. My wife was converted after she borrowed my Jetbook for a couple of weeks right after our son was born.

--
Bill
bill_mchale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 01:40 PM   #5
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
At least he didn't say he was stripping her before converting her.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-10-2010, 02:47 PM   #6
jhempel24
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
At least he didn't say he was stripping her before converting her.
I thought that was understood?

LOL, actually yeah borrowing would be a good idea, but I'm too attached to it, and have a list to read...she takes too long.

I'm trying to downgrade her to girlfriend 1.0, that seems to work better, I don't know what happened after the upgrade, all of a sudden the system maintenance went through the roof!
Old 09-10-2010, 05:35 PM   #7
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ...lots! ;) mostly reading on a Kindle Voyage
Can I switch you with my husband? You can make any day my bday that you want.
copyrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 10:45 PM   #8
graycyn
Wizard
graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Kindle Oasis 2, Sony PRS-T2
I think your wife will love it once she tries it! What a nice surprise for her! Good move to load it up a little first!
graycyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 11:01 PM   #9
jeffcobb
Groupie
jeffcobb will become famous soon enoughjeffcobb will become famous soon enoughjeffcobb will become famous soon enoughjeffcobb will become famous soon enoughjeffcobb will become famous soon enoughjeffcobb will become famous soon enoughjeffcobb will become famous soon enough

Device: Nook, CoolER
Quote:
Originally Posted by durkinrobinson View Post
This discussion title looked so interesting. And then I found out what a nook was...color me disappointed. :-)
If I were to color you anything my wife would totally kick my butt.
jeffcobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 11:04 PM   #10
jeffcobb
Groupie
jeffcobb will become famous soon enoughjeffcobb will become famous soon enoughjeffcobb will become famous soon enoughjeffcobb will become famous soon enoughjeffcobb will become famous soon enoughjeffcobb will become famous soon enoughjeffcobb will become famous soon enough

BTW I did not have to do much to convert my wife. She was totally into the dead-tree thing until I got my CoolER from Britain and she noticed that I was reading so much. When she saw that she could resize the fonts, she was sold. Within 48 hours of me getting mine in the mail, she had ordered hers. She loves to read but due to failing eye-sight it was hard to impossible for her. Now she goes nowhere without.
Old 09-10-2010, 11:21 PM   #11
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffcobb View Post
BTW I did not have to do much to convert my wife. She was totally into the dead-tree thing until I got my CoolER from Britain and she noticed that I was reading so much. When she saw that she could resize the fonts, she was sold. Within 48 hours of me getting mine in the mail, she had ordered hers. She loves to read but due to failing eye-sight it was hard to impossible for her. Now she goes nowhere without.
And this is why e-readers are awesome.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 11:52 PM   #12
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, STB Kindle Oasis
Thank you to everyone in this thread for the laugh...
phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 12:21 AM   #13
jhempel24
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by copyrite View Post
Can I switch you with my husband? You can make any day my bday that you want.
Sure why not? Variety is the spice of life!!! LOL. Seriously though, this is making up for the past few years of me dropping the ball LOL.

Well I gave it to her today, because we needed to make sure it works and stuff. She thinks it's cool...but says "You know I'm a tech-tard. I'll need help with this because I've got NO idea on what to do."

So tonight I'm setting it up, and got the 1002 # so it's being softrooted and ready to go! We'll see what happens in the next couple weeks, see if she enjoys it!
Old 09-12-2010, 02:25 AM   #14
graycyn
Wizard
graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Kindle Oasis 2, Sony PRS-T2
Nook is pretty easy... she shouldn't have a problem! If she uses the library at all, don't forget to set her up with ADE.
graycyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 02:30 AM   #15
jeffcobb
Groupie

My wife is great; she may not have the vision sometimes to see how a particular tech can help us but once she gets it, she is in all the way. I buy a netbook on week (why do we need ANOTHER laptop jeff?), use if for a week and a week later she has one of the same model. I get an ereader, use ti for a weekend and by Monday hers in on-order. Lately I got an Android phone, one week later she is eyeballing a mini X10 for her. (Her hold flip phone fell apart this week.

Gawd I ,love that womand??????????????????????????????????/