Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-08-2010, 07:50 AM   #1
msel
Connoisseur
msel can grip it by the huskmsel can grip it by the huskmsel can grip it by the huskmsel can grip it by the huskmsel can grip it by the huskmsel can grip it by the huskmsel can grip it by the huskmsel can grip it by the huskmsel can grip it by the huskmsel can grip it by the huskmsel can grip it by the husk

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G
Calibre + Zotero + Zettelkasten

Hello,

this is how i use Calibre in addition to the firefox plugin Zotero and the freeware program Zettelkasten deutsch / Zettelkasten english:

I uses Calibre to store my pdf / epub books to sync with my reader. One time a week I create a catalogue of my new books in Calibre:

Convert Books > Create catalog ...

This catalogue is stored in .bib-format with UTF-8 and "strict".

I can import this catalogue
a) in Zotero, where all my other (non-electronic) books are stored and
b) also in Zettelkasten. In this case I use the "Zotero" filter in Zettelkasten.

In Zotero I use the function "Attach Link to File" and I use the stored ebook in Calibre, so that I have access directly to my ebooks stored on my pc by using Zotero.

Greetings, Maria!
msel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 07:43 AM   #2
alexxx
Connoisseur
alexxx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alexxx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alexxx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alexxx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alexxx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alexxx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alexxx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alexxx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alexxx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alexxx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alexxx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX
hi!
I am daily flooded with sci articles & books - in fact I knew and use Zotero.
It's the 1st time instead that I hear about Zettelkasten.
The website is rather informative, but would you care to review its usage, and advantages over other systems (e.g.zotero)?

thanks!

alessandro
alexxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-09-2010, 08:15 AM   #3
msel
Connoisseur
msel can grip it by the huskmsel can grip it by the huskmsel can grip it by the huskmsel can grip it by the huskmsel can grip it by the huskmsel can grip it by the huskmsel can grip it by the huskmsel can grip it by the huskmsel can grip it by the huskmsel can grip it by the huskmsel can grip it by the husk

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G
Hello alessandro,

Zettelkasten is a natively a german program. It is based on the "Zettelkasten" (slip box) of Niklas Luhmann, a german sociologist, who had a really big physical analogue "Zettelkasten".

Here are some english links:
http://takingnotenow.blogspot.com/20...telkasten.html
In this blog there are also more entries to Luhmanns Zettelkasten; use tag "Zettelkasten".

http://pileofindexcards.org/blog/200...kasten-method/
Video about Niklas Luhmann's Zettelkasten

http://japanologie.arts.kuleuven.be/...+knowledge.pdf
Here you find some information about Luhmann's Zettelkasten translate in english.

Greetings, Maria!
msel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 04:38 PM   #4
alexxxm
Addict
alexxxm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.alexxxm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.alexxxm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.alexxxm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Rocket; Hiebook; N700; Sony 505; Kindle DX ...
thanks really a lot - not only for the zettelkasten link but for lettimg me discover the terrific blog takingnotenow.

Can I further ask you for a bit of help?
I was unable to understand the fine details of zettelkasten, since the site is german only, and googletranslate makes a terrible mess.
Do you know of any english introduction for newbies to it?

thank you!

alessandro
alexxxm is offline   Reply With Quote