Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 04-01-2010, 11:47 PM   #1
Batman Jr.
Unstoppably Curious
Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Kindle 3/Fire; BB Z10; enTourage eDGe/Pocket eDGe; iPad4/iPod touch 5
Exclamation CrunchGear Review of the eDGe

Just ran across this Crunchgear review (via Gottabemobile.com):

http://www.crunchgear.com/2010/04/01...edge-dualbook/

It's a fairly extensive text review and includes a 14-minute video. It seems like the reviewer (Scott Merrill) has spent a significant amount of time at least testing the various features. He does, though, state that "the primary purpose of this device is clearly to be used as an e-book reader," so he may not "get it" fully yet, but it's a much more balanced review than many, at least in my opinion. What do other owners think?

[EDITED TO ADD] - Merrill's colleague, Devin Coldewey, is one of the reviewers who didn't understand the ability of the eDGe's screens to work in conjunction:

http://www.crunchgear.com/2010/03/12...ave-them-cold/

Last edited by Batman Jr.; 04-01-2010 at 11:53 PM. Reason: [Additonal Information]
Batman Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 02:50 PM   #2
sarah11918
Tablet Enthusiast
sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kobo Aura One (formerly: Asus Eee Note, enTourage eDGe EE, Nokia N810)
Thanks. I posted a comment there. (Nothing I haven't really said here already, so I won't repeat it.)
sarah11918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-02-2010, 03:29 PM   #3
devseev
devseev began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Edge
An intelligent review, for once. And I think he's actually right about e-books (broadly speaking to include all epub or PDF content) being the main function of the eDGe. While the eDGe is certainly much more than an e-reader, if you had no need to view or mark up documents you would hardly want to buy the device. Otherwise, aside from the journal app, you would have no use for the e-ink side. And as much as I am a fan of the device, the android side by itself is hardly better than a standard windows netbook (many of which now come with touchscreens).
devseev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 03:48 PM   #4
ckole
Enthusiast
ckole began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
I just get tired of comparing this device and others to the iPad. I HATE long term reading on an LCD display. This is why I have the Nook and the eDGe. Oh well....
ckole is offline   Reply With Quote