Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-02-2012, 10:43 PM   #1
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
Confused about how to convert a certain book

I am trying to download an open-source book off this website:

http://opensiddur.org/2011/08/an-abr...tz-mayer-1866/

The explanation says this: "In preparing this edition, I transcribed the text and formatted it in STML (Sacred Text Markup Language), a format developed by J.B. Hare z”l, founder of the Sacred Texts Internet Archive. Hare used STML as an intermediary format for converting transcribed texts to HTML. Efraim Feinstein, lead developer of the Open Siddur Project, further developed STML as an intermediary format for converting transcribed texts to JLPTEI, the XML schema we use to markup Jewish liturgy and liturgy-related work for the Open Siddur’s database."

The resultant download option is in the txt format, but when I opened it with a text editor, it appeared to have markup in it which would likely format it somehow when opened in the right program. I downloaded it again and saved it as a .html file, then tried to convert that to mobi, and got weird characters everywhere.

What format is this book? How can I best convert it to read on my Kindle?
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 05:19 AM   #2
Adoby
Handy Elephant
Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Thinkpad E595, Ubuntu Mate, Huawei Mediapad 5, Bouye Likebook Plus
Download the Kindle version of the original scans? There was a link on the page.

http://archive.org/details/hoursofdevotionb00neudrich
Adoby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-03-2012, 09:30 PM   #3
Tex2002ans
Wizard
Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Nook
I put this version together for you very quickly.

http://www.mediafire.com/?wsdtv5a4p509add

I ran a regular expression to remove everything between the curly brackets { }, then combined the paragraphs which started with lowercase letters, and added p tags around everything. I also added blockquotes around the two "poems".

While not perfect, this HTML file should give you a much better output in calibre.

As a side note, the original "STML" file seemed to just be some sort of markup in order to help transcribe texts. Most likely to make it easier to do side by side comparisons between the original/transcribed pages/paragraphs.

Last edited by Tex2002ans; 10-03-2012 at 09:35 PM.
Tex2002ans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 02:52 PM   #4
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
Tex2002ans, just saw your reply and downloaded the file. Thanks SO much! I am going to see how nice of an epub I can make and then I will post it here. Thanks!
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote