Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 08-31-2012, 09:32 AM   #1
din155
Guru
din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Win 10 thinkpad 8in
Flash is back in android play store

Download before is vanishes again
Any guess how long Adobe will support flash on Android? I think this is going to be the last major upgrade.
Link for the news:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-19428902

Still doesn't support jelly bean though.

Last edited by din155; 08-31-2012 at 09:41 AM.
din155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 09:24 PM   #2
Dvalin21
Zealot
Dvalin21 began at the beginning.

Device: VS Gtablet/Zenithink/GS II T-Mobile
You can download the AndroidPit App Center and install Adobe Flash Player from there. I just installed it on Viewsonic Gtab that has the Jelly Bean custom rom on it. It works fine on my side. I was also able to install HBOGO from the playstore the moment I installed flash from the other market. Might want to try it out.
Dvalin21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 12:04 PM   #3
Namekuseijin
affordable chipmunk
Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony XPeria ZL, Kindle Paperwhite
who cares?

it's only used for videoplayers. I was never able to decently run flash games with it. Yeah, I know, my 1Ghz CPU already sounds jurassic, still... it was a top of line CPU when flash on android was all the rage...
Namekuseijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 12:13 PM   #4
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
So far I haven't really had a problem with the lack of Flash on the Nexus, maybe I just don't frequent the right websites.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 07:46 PM   #5
Marseille
Guru
Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
You can continue to get it straight from adobe's website and sideload it, even on jelly bean, long after it's gone from the website again.

http://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/downloads.html
Marseille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 07:25 AM   #6
shanghaichica
Guru
shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Scribe,Kindle Oasis 3, iPad Pro 11, iPhone 13 Pro Max,iPad mini 6, PW5
Just a quick question regarding Jelly bean and Flash.

If I update a device to jelly bean which already has flash installed would I have to re-install it after the upgrade?
shanghaichica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 03:22 PM   #7
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanghaichica View Post
Just a quick question regarding Jelly bean and Flash.

If I update a device to jelly bean which already has flash installed would I have to re-install it after the upgrade?
I didn't have to. Not sure if Flash will still Update automatically, however.

I thought the JB update had broken Amazon Instant Video, but just re-checked and found it still works. Hopefully it will continue to work until Amazon delivers a AIV app (like they have for iOS).
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 06:28 PM   #8
shanghaichica
Guru
shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Scribe,Kindle Oasis 3, iPad Pro 11, iPhone 13 Pro Max,iPad mini 6, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
I didn't have to. Not sure if Flash will still Update automatically, however.

I thought the JB update had broken Amazon Instant Video, but just re-checked and found it still works. Hopefully it will continue to work until Amazon delivers a AIV app (like they have for iOS).
Thanks. Hopefully Samsung will decide to update my galaxy note or tab 2 at, some, point. Jelly bean looks awesome.
shanghaichica is offline   Reply With Quote