Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 05-01-2013, 04:54 PM   #1
Punjack
Punjack began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire
Red face Copying new books from Kindle to Calibre

Please forgive me if this has been asked before - this is my first post. I love Calibre, but how do I copy new books from my Kindle into Calibre? On the Amazon page it gives me a choice to send new book purchases to my Kindle, but when I ask Calibre to add new books, it shows me the list of books and documents on my Kindle with unrecognizable names. And it doesn't even have the right date so I could sort on that. Please help! Thanks!
Punjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 05:30 PM   #2
alanHd
Addict
alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, Ipod Touch, Ipad Air
Start Calibre and connect your Kindle, Click on the Icon for the Device icon and this will show a list of all the books on your Kindle.

Select the books you wish to add, then right click and select add books to library.
alanHd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-01-2013, 09:08 PM   #3
Punjack

Thanks Alan but...

The book names on the Kindle (as seen thru Calibre) are a long combination of letters and numbers am
Nd I don't know how to tell which ones are new. There isn't even a date in the "Date Added" column to help...
Old 05-01-2013, 09:24 PM   #4
jgaiser
Omnivorous
jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Fire HD, Kindle 3, KPW1
Because of DRM, there's not much you can do with books on the Kindle Fire. Calibre will store them, but that's about it.
jgaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 08:12 AM   #5
Punjack

Thanks jgaiser. I guess I just need a way to identify new books on the Kindle, since their file name doesn't help and there's no Added date, and the Create Date and Last Modified Date aren't helping either...
Advert
Old 05-02-2013, 11:56 AM   #6
jgaiser
Omnivorous
jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Fire HD, Kindle 3, KPW1
I'd suggest you ask over in the Kindle Fire forum. I don't think you'll get a useful answer though, once again because of DRM.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=243
jgaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 02:06 PM   #7
alanHd
Addict
alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, Ipod Touch, Ipad Air
Read through this thread, its about using Kindle for Pc to get books into Calibre.

Theres a lot of good tips in it.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=209904
alanHd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 08:51 AM   #8
Punjack

Thanks Jerry!
Old 05-03-2013, 01:54 PM   #9
jersysman
Wizard
jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T1 Red, Kindle Fire, Kindle PW, PW2, Nook HD+, Kobo Mini, Aura HD
Kindle for PC is the way to go to get your Kindle books into Calibre. That way you have correct book titles and dates to choose from.
jersysman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 09:28 PM   #10
KindleMama
KindleMama began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire HD
Will the DRM also prevent you from editing the metadata? I'm trying to keep series that I have purchased in order, but for any books that I have bought directly from Amazon, the changes I make do not transfer over to the Kindle Fire. My books being out of order is starting to make me twitch!
KindleMama is offline   Reply With Quote