Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 04-20-2014, 02:48 PM   #46
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ...lots! ;) mostly reading on a Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirmaru View Post
Then I uninstalled my Kindle for Android App.
You can't actually uninstall the Kindle for Android app. You're only uninstalling updates to the app. Go back and look in the Google Play store... it doesn't say INSTALL but OPEN, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirmaru View Post
One bug with this new Kindle for Samsung App is that it registers my Samsung Galaxy S5 TWICE at the Kindle site. That makes me appear to have 7 devices which is one over the 6 limit. Thus, I had to remove the two current eBooks I'm reading from my Kindle Fire HD 2012.

I tried deregistering one of those S5's but then both deleted. Then I re-installed the App again and it registered TWICE. If one doesn't disappear in a few days, I'll call Amazon Technical Support. I can reach them by using Mayday on my Kindle Fire HDX 2013.
This is why I presume there are two apps listed under Manage Your Devices, and I guess they aren't seen as two distinct apps, but really the same thing, it's just that one's branded, with different email addresses associated with each app.

Oh well, managed to get a free book out of it.

Last edited by copyrite; 04-20-2014 at 03:05 PM.
copyrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 03:18 PM   #47
Froide
Wizard
Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy and Windows devices. RIP: Palm & Nook devices.
Quote:
Originally Posted by copyrite View Post
You can't actually uninstall the Kindle for Android app. You're only uninstalling updates to the app. Go back and look in the Google Play store... it doesn't say INSTALL but OPEN, right?

This is why I presume there are two apps listed under Manage Your Devices, and I guess they aren't seen as two distinct apps, but really the same thing, it's just that one's branded, and they both have different email addresses associated with them.

Got a free book out of it.
In my experience, the "Kindle app" (for Android, for Windows, and presumably for other platforms) is distinct from the "Kindle for Samsung app" (though they share libraries), and after installing and registering the "Kindle for Samsung app", the "Kindle app" can be deleted from the Samsung device without any negative repercussions. All my Kindle books purchased from Amazon.com plus the April Samsung (Kindle) Book Deal selection appear in my "Kindle for Samsung app" on my GS4 and in all the "Kindle apps" on my other devices.

Last edited by Froide; 04-20-2014 at 03:20 PM. Reason: corrected typo, clarified some points
Froide is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-20-2014, 03:49 PM   #48
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
Quote:

This is why I presume there are two apps listed under Manage Your Devices, and I guess they aren't seen as two distinct apps, but really the same thing, it's just that one's branded, with different email addresses associated with each app.

Oh well, managed to get a free book out of it.
Do you have a solution to the double listing at Manage Your Kindles site? When I deregistered one, BOTH were deleted. Thus, neither represents the Kindle for Android App uninstalled before this one was installed.

Then with none registered at the Amazon site, I re-installed Kindle for Samsung and BOTH appeared again. I even tried to edit one's name to Duplicate and both got that name.

One has my email address and the other does not. It appears to be a registration bug inside the Kindle for Samsung App.

Most folks won't notice it since most don't have TWO Fires, TWO PW's and the Kindle for PC app. It doesn't really cause a problem since I was just compelled to remove the current two eBooks I'm currently reading from an older Kindle Fire - not being used at all anymore.

I'll wait 10 days and then call in the bug to Amazon Tech support. With millions of copies sold others will probably be calling it in before then.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 04:05 PM   #49
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ...lots! ;) mostly reading on a Kindle Voyage
I tried to rename one of the apps listed under Manage Your Devices... and it renamed both the same.

From what I read, the only way to totally remove the Play Store version is to root the device. Not planning to go to that extreme.
copyrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 05:30 PM   #50
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Bug reported to Amazon

Quote:
I tried to rename one of the apps listed under Manage Your Devices... and it renamed both the same.

From what I read, the only way to totally remove the Play Store version is to root the device. Not planning to go to that extreme.
I just reported the Double Registration Bug to Amazon Technical Support and they referred me to a Developer who said it will be fixed in the next update. They took my email address so I can uninstall the app and then re-install it when the new version is available.
Advert
Old 04-22-2014, 12:18 PM   #51
Prestidigitweeze
Fledgling Demagogue
Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Oasis 2; Aura HD; iPad Air; PRS-350; Galaxy S7.
While I do love the screen, real estate and speaks of the HDX, I find the Note 3, S4 and S5 to be less limited devices in terms of productivity -- besides which, the screens are so vivid that the images look like perfectly cut miniature decals.

There's also that lovely $30 64GB upgrade if you feel inclined to add a bigger mSD. I hope you're happy with your purchase, sirmaru.

[Edit: Sadly, I had to delete the link to a deal that no longer applies. For a few days, it was possible to buy an off-contract Galaxy Note 3 from AT&T for $249.]

Last edited by Prestidigitweeze; 04-22-2014 at 12:23 PM.
Prestidigitweeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 07:27 PM   #52
sirmaru
Wizard

See my other thread on the Samsung Galaxy S5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prestidigitweeze View Post
There's also that lovely $30 64GB upgrade if you feel inclined to add a bigger mSD. I hope you're happy with your purchase, sirmaru.
I purchased a 32 Gb SD card and installed it. I am totally swept up by the Samsung Galaxy S5 and see the other thread under the Amazon Kindle part of this Forum I just started on it.

Unfortunately, my other 4 Kindles appear now to be obsolete.
Old 05-01-2014, 01:25 PM   #53
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by sadievan View Post
I just got it. Running 4.2.2.

You have to go to the Samsung Apps. Tap on 'Chart' and it's in there under Top New.

Carol
Still not showing for me.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 06:35 PM   #54
sadievan
Wizard
sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, iPhone, Kindle Fire HD 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Still not showing for me.
OK. Just checked my Note and it's gone from Charts\New. Go to Category and do a search. Type in Kindle and it should show up. HTH.

Carol
sadievan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 07:46 PM   #55
GalFriday
GalFriday began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8.0
Runs perfectly on my Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 running 4.2.2. Didn't have to upgrade or do anything with ChatOn or any other apps. I prefer Kindle for Android but will keep this for the free books.
GalFriday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 08:15 PM   #56
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
OK. Just checked my Note and it's gone from Charts\New. Go to Category and do a search. Type in Kindle and it should show up. HTH.

Carol
No matter how I search, it's not there. Typing in "kindle" always yields these three apps:
  • Latest Kindle Free eBooks
  • MangoReader
  • Versent Books
Old 05-01-2014, 08:41 PM   #57
sadievan
Wizard
sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, iPhone, Kindle Fire HD 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
No matter how I search, it's not there. Typing in "kindle" always yields these three apps:
  • Latest Kindle Free eBooks
  • MangoReader
  • Versent Books
Try typing in Kindle for Samsung. See if that's any better.
sadievan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 04:24 AM   #58
LucyOne
Librocubicularist
LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook InkPad 3 & Touch HD 3, Kobo Clara HD, Kindle Paperwhite 5
For my Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 it isn't available either. Samsung Service said that the Kindle app will be updated and made available for more devices in the future.
LucyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 04:44 AM   #59
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Try typing in Kindle for Samsung. See if that's any better.
I tried all of these options when the app was first announced. I was hoping a new month would bring some of the older devices onboard. Thanks anyway
Old 05-02-2014, 04:45 AM   #60
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucyOne View Post
For my Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 it isn't available either. Samsung Service said that the Kindle app will be updated and made available for more devices in the future.
I suspected this was the case. Thanks for checking