Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 03-28-2014, 12:21 PM   #91
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
The Kindle Fires are on sale.

8gb HD $119
16gb HD $129.

Can be combined with the offer to split into 5 payments, which some people are eligible for. I went ahead and did the offer, then ordered the 16gb. I will sell my 8gb Fire HD.
Thanks - in fact, all of the new Fires are on sale (HD 7, HDX 7, HDX 8.9)
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 05:50 PM   #92
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Neweg is offering (via a third party retailer) a refurbished 8GB Sansa Clip+ with a 4GB USB drive for $30. This is a limited time offer, good for about 6 days.

HERE
cromag is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-14-2014, 12:54 PM   #93
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Thanks - in fact, all of the new Fires are on sale (HD 7, HDX 7, HDX 8.9)
And, they're on sale again!

I think the HD7" 16GB is the best buy at $129. I really wouldn't want to pay more than that for it, either, since it's no google tablet. But for Amazon content, it's fairly good.

ETA I see Amazon Prime members get another 10% off. Guess I should have waited less than 3 weeks! Could have saved $12.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 11:40 AM   #94
elaysee
Groupie
elaysee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elaysee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elaysee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elaysee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elaysee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elaysee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elaysee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elaysee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elaysee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elaysee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elaysee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook, Kobo, Kindle, iPad
I assume Amazon US has the new Kindles coming Real Soon Now, because I have an offer for $50 off Kindle (=$19) / Kindle HD 7" ($89), or $75 off Kindle Paperwhite ($44) / Kindle HDX 7" ($154) today (Sunday April 27th). I've heard reports that it isn't offered to all accounts, so I'm likely the "buys eBooks / doesn't own a Kindle" sweet spot for the promotion.

I prefer a device with external storage, but at that price I'll probably pick one up for the Prime Lending Library. Just need to decide which one...

Last edited by elaysee; 04-27-2014 at 11:42 AM. Reason: changed books to eBooks - picky!
elaysee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 11:58 AM   #95
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by elaysee View Post
I assume Amazon US has the new Kindles coming Real Soon Now, because I have an offer for $50 off Kindle (=$19) / Kindle HD 7" ($89), or $75 off Kindle Paperwhite ($44) / Kindle HDX 7" ($154) today (Sunday April 27th). I've heard reports that it isn't offered to all accounts, so I'm likely the "buys eBooks / doesn't own a Kindle" sweet spot for the promotion.

I prefer a device with external storage, but at that price I'll probably pick one up for the Prime Lending Library. Just need to decide which one...
WOW THAT IS A GOOD DEAL!!

Arghhh! I need that!!
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-27-2014, 12:13 PM   #96
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

No such offer on my accounts, 2 of which have no kindles registered to them. But they just ran sales on the Fires, I recently got the 16gb Fire HD for $129.
Old 04-27-2014, 12:17 PM   #97
mrscoach
Guru
mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy tab
Quote:

I would probably buy another Kindle to replace the stolen one if I got this deal. I'm jealous.
mrscoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 02:00 PM   #98
Historiann
Connoisseur
Historiann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Historiann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Historiann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Historiann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Historiann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Historiann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Historiann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Historiann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Historiann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Historiann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Historiann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW
Thanks so much for the post! I went to amazon and, sure enough, the offer was there. My kindle will arrive later this week. I wonder if the offer is only going to customers who have downloaded the kindle app on another device.
Historiann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 02:17 PM   #99
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Historiann View Post
Thanks so much for the post! I went to amazon and, sure enough, the offer was there. My kindle will arrive later this week.
Which one did you get?
Old 04-27-2014, 02:34 PM   #100
Historiann
Connoisseur
Historiann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Historiann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Historiann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Historiann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Historiann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Historiann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Historiann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Historiann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Historiann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Historiann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Historiann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW
I got the basic kindle. I was tempted by the paperwhite--it's a great price--but most of my books are on nook so this will be a back-up device. I still can't believe I just bought an e-reader for less than the cost of some hardbacks!
Correction: not a back-up but rather an extra to use instead of the kindle app.
Historiann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 05:13 PM   #101
elaysee
Groupie
elaysee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elaysee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elaysee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elaysee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elaysee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elaysee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elaysee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elaysee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elaysee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elaysee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elaysee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook, Kobo, Kindle, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Historiann View Post
I got the basic kindle. I was tempted by the paperwhite--it's a great price--but most of my books are on nook so this will be a back-up device. I still can't believe I just bought an e-reader for less than the cost of some hardbacks!
Correction: not a back-up but rather an extra to use instead of the kindle app.
Grand, glad you got the offer too. I "splurged" on a Paperwhite, as I wasn't convinced I'd easily return to a non-touch device and I want to actually use the thing.
elaysee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 05:51 PM   #102
delph
Tabby
delph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Mini, Lenovo Yoga 2 10"
Quote:

Woohoo! I have this promotion too, probably for the same reason - "buys a lot of eBooks, doesn't own a Kindle". Since I just ordered an Aura HD for myself, my discount is going toward a Paperwhite for my mom for Mother's Day. Talk about great timing...
delph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 07:52 PM   #103
silverraven
Guru
silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle 4NTB x 4
I'm crying! I need another one! I want the discount!!
S
silverraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 08:14 PM   #104
gabby98
Wizard
gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android, Nook Simple Touch, Nook Color, ..., Glo
Quote:

I don't have it, but not sure I'm looking in the right place.

But I would've gotten the standard one for the same reason.
gabby98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 11:33 PM   #105
bookmarked
Addict
bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 NT, Nexus 7, iPod Touch 4, HP TouchPad
Regarding the Kindle $50/$75 promo:

I don't see it but here's some possible help.
Try www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html?docId=1002406861 . I see "We're sorry, you are not eligible for this offer." The only Kindle related offer I see is the "Get Kindle now—pay 20% at checkout, and pay the balance in four monthly installments." deal here. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007HCCNJU/

Slickdeals (where I got the offer URL) has a lot of drama about this offer if you *really* want to wade through it all. AFAICT, the offer seems to be targeted to specific customers according to some mysterious criteria.
bookmarked is offline   Reply With Quote