Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 08-06-2004, 07:59 AM   #1
ignatz
mechanoholic
ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR/iPhone 4S/EVO 4G
anime avatar maker

AnimeGalleries.net has a big collection of anime images from all your favorites. They've recently added a tool that allows you to create an avatar from any of their pics. You can crop and resize to your heart's content. I used it to create my current avatar with an image from Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind. Miyazaki is my all-time favorite Japanese animator!
ignatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2004, 08:25 AM   #2
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by ignatz
AnimeGalleries.net has a big collection of anime images from all your favorites. They've recently added a tool that allows you to create an avatar from any of their pics. You can crop and resize to your heart's content. I used it to create my current avatar with an image from Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind. Miyazaki is my all-time favorite Japanese animator!
Thanks ignatz... got one there myself, so I'm no longer avatarless!

Hey -- anyone else not know what the word avatar really means? I never heard of it until people started using it for forum pics. Here's what American Heritage from www.dictionary.com says...

1) The incarnation of a Hindu deity, especially Vishnu, in human or animal form.
2) An embodiment, as of a quality or concept; an archetype: the very avatar of cunning.
3) A temporary manifestation or aspect of a continuing entity: occultism in its present avatar

Funny choice of words to apply for forum pics, but number 2 makes a lot of sense anyway.
Bob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-07-2004, 04:23 PM   #3
Kaitou Ace
Zealot
Kaitou Ace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaitou Ace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaitou Ace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaitou Ace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaitou Ace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaitou Ace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaitou Ace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaitou Ace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaitou Ace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaitou Ace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaitou Ace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

w00 ^_^
thanks for linking my site, and I am glad you found the av maker useful. it was a few days well spent ^_^

just thought it cool to find this in our refferer log, and couldn't help but comment.

ah, and you can use the avatar maker for pda backgrounds, just set it to 320x480 or similar, it's what I tend to use myself of late when i want a new bg.

any comments are always appreciated
Kaitou Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2004, 04:53 PM   #4
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaitou Ace
w00 ^_^
thanks for linking my site.....
just thought it cool to find this in our referrer log, and couldn't help but comment.
That's neat to hear from you. Hope you'll continue to visit.

I've never used an avatar until I found this one on your site. Now you just need to pick one of them to upload yourself!
Bob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2004, 05:04 PM   #5
Kaitou Ace
Zealot
Kaitou Ace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaitou Ace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaitou Ace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaitou Ace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaitou Ace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaitou Ace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaitou Ace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaitou Ace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaitou Ace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaitou Ace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaitou Ace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

lol true. I had one back when it was turcic, but i think it got lost since. I don't post much generaly, but I am a tried and true lurker.
Hardest part is picking what image to make an avatar out of now. Too many choices
Advert
Old 08-07-2004, 05:37 PM   #6
ignatz
mechanoholic
ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR/iPhone 4S/EVO 4G
Hey Kaitou, how funny that you've been around here for a while! I stumbled on your site by accident, can't even remember how. But it's a great tool. I'm starting a forum for some friends and will probably link to it from there too. Enjoy your lurking!
ignatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2004, 05:43 PM   #7
Kaitou Ace
Zealot

heh ty
glad you're getting use out of it, thats what the site is there for.