Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-02-2014, 12:51 AM   #1
traceyclement
traceyclement began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite
jailbreak my brand new kindle paperwhite

heya,

I'm not a developer or a hacker, sorry!

I'd like to jailbreak by new kindle paperwhite. It's running 5.4.2 firmware.

If someone could point me in the right direction for the correct jailbreak and correct hack so I can upload my own custom screen savers I'd be very grateful.

I don't want to break my new toy!

cheers

TC
traceyclement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 01:38 AM   #2
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Kindle_Touch_Hacking#CURRENT_UNIVERSAL_METHOD
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-20-2014, 04:16 PM   #3
jesse487
jesse487 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by traceyclement View Post
heya,

I'm not a developer or a hacker, sorry!

I'd like to jailbreak by new kindle paperwhite. It's running 5.4.2 firmware.

If someone could point me in the right direction for the correct jailbreak and correct hack so I can upload my own custom screen savers I'd be very grateful.

I don't want to break my new toy!

cheers

TC
I too am trying to learn how to do this. I have a new paperwhite, running 5.4.3.2 and I want to jailbreak it.
jesse487 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 04:37 PM   #4
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Did you look at the link I already supplied? That page also links to the screensavers hack.

It is, after all, the Wiki for all Kindle Touch Hacking.
Old 05-20-2014, 06:12 PM   #5
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
Did you look at the link I already supplied? That page also links to the screensavers hack.

It is, after all, the Wiki for all Kindle Touch Hacking.
I just edited that first line to look like:
... ALL Kindle Touch AND Kindle Paperwhite ...

Now maybe our readers will see the AND in the sentence.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-20-2014, 07:41 PM   #6
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
I just edited that first line to look like:
... ALL Kindle Touch AND Kindle Paperwhite ...

Now maybe our readers will see the AND in the sentence.
Good call.