Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 11-29-2009, 11:29 PM   #1
Catire
Lord of the Universe
Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505 / PSP
Do you wave?

I just recieved my Google wave invitation, do any of you guys use it ? If so i'd love to add you guys to my friends list .

Also I have 6 nominations left if anyone wants me to nominate them i'd be happy to.

catiremedinaATgooglewaveDOTcom

Last edited by Catire; 11-29-2009 at 11:41 PM.
Catire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 12:30 AM   #2
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catire View Post
I just recieved my Google wave invitation, do any of you guys use it ? If so i'd love to add you guys to my friends list .

Also I have 6 nominations left if anyone wants me to nominate them i'd be happy to.

catiremedinaATgooglewaveDOTcom
I've got an account. I haven't watched the video. I still don't know what the point of it is (see the previous sentence). However, my address is my MR username (@googlewave.com) apparently.

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 04:26 AM   #3
Katti's Cat
Wizard
Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS-600
Hmm haven't look at google wave in depth. But would be interested. Do I need a new account? I have a google email addy. If you still have invite I'll pm you my email addy.

Thanks
Katti's Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 04:55 AM   #4
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
It depends, do they wave back?
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 06:33 AM   #5
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
wave what ?
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 07:33 AM   #6
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

your hand, naturally!
Old 11-30-2009, 07:45 AM   #7
Catire
Lord of the Universe
Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katti's Cat View Post
Hmm haven't look at google wave in depth. But would be interested. Do I need a new account? I have a google email addy. If you still have invite I'll pm you my email addy.

Thanks
PM me
Note: It's not really an invite as such you don't receive an account immediately. Its more of a suggestion/request/nomination that I make to google

Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
I've got an account. I haven't watched the video. I still don't know what the point of it is (see the previous sentence). However, my address is my MR username (@googlewave.com) apparently.

Cheers,
Marc
Waved™ you a minute ago

Last edited by Catire; 11-30-2009 at 07:47 AM.
Old 11-30-2009, 07:46 AM   #8
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
It depends, do they wave back?
it would be rude not to, don't you think ?
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 08:28 AM   #9
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katti's Cat View Post

Thanks
you need "A" google account. if you already have one, you do not need to set up a secondary.

my invite was in my mailbox late last night. haven't done anything with it yet
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 08:33 AM   #10
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
I've got it, but I don't really use it. Seems fun enough, but I'm struggling to find an everyday use for it so far.
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 08:52 AM   #11
Catire
Lord of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moejoe View Post
I've got it, but I don't really use it. Seems fun enough, but I'm struggling to find an everyday use for it so far.
About the only thing I think i´d use it for is school, me and some of my classmates can(in theory) more easily collaborate on some of the papers we have to turn in as a group.
Old 11-30-2009, 09:42 AM   #12
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
it would be rude not to, don't you think ?
Well, if they don't wave back anyway, why should I wave?
Old 11-30-2009, 09:48 AM   #13
Katti's Cat
Wizard
Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS-600
Not sure I'm going to use it much - but maybe would be nice for MR members to chat together?
Katti's Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 10:13 AM   #14
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
Watching the video - the context sensitive spell checker looks like it might be a really useful proofing tool.

The demo showed it correcting 'been soup' to 'bean soup'.
It should pick up OCR errors like 'lie' for 'he'.
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 10:16 AM   #15
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
Watching the video - the context sensitive spell checker looks like it might be a really useful proofing tool.

The demo showed it correcting 'been soup' to 'bean soup'.
It should pick up OCR errors like 'lie' for 'he'.
There's another video of on-the-fly translation, which floored me. I can't seem to locate it at the moment, but it shows just how advanced machine translation has come in a very short timespan.
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote