Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 09-01-2010, 11:59 PM   #31
rebarnmom
Wizard
rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-700 (traded in), Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxx6166 View Post
It's impressive....I have gadget love. Has anyone noticed that the "Reader Touch Edition" also seems to have a new "bookshelf" view like the Nook/iPad?

I may finally retire my aging 700.
I just might have to (read "want to") as well, but I'm hoping for a trade-in deal.

I just went to Sonystyle.com and they list their "Trade-in Program" under "Services". I went through the process and it gave me a trade-in value for my 700 of $55.00 on a Sonystyle Gift Card towards purchase of a newer device. I didn't complete the process. I'm glad to know that it's possible, but I don't know if that is much of a deal. I would think I could get more by selling it, but I don't know. I haven't looked at that option at all.

Last edited by rebarnmom; 09-02-2010 at 12:11 AM. Reason: new info
rebarnmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 12:20 AM   #32
mikij
Connoisseur
mikij doesn't littermikij doesn't litter

Device: PRS-600
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebarnmom View Post
I just went to Sonystyle.com and they list their "Trade-in Program" under "Services". I went through the process and it gave me a trade-in value for my 700 of $55.00 on a Sonystyle Gift Card towards purchase of a newer device.
I tried the same for my PRS-600 (bought three months ago, but nobody asks this question) and the "deal" is $11 (eleven Dollars). Wow, what a deal!
mikij is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-02-2010, 12:25 AM   #33
rebarnmom
Wizard
rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikij View Post
I tried the same for my PRS-600 (bought three months ago, but nobody asks this question) and the "deal" is $11 (eleven Dollars). Wow, what a deal!
Why would the trade-in value of my 21 month old 700 be more than your 3 month old 600?
Old 09-02-2010, 12:26 AM   #34
jaxx6166
Wizard
jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 350, iPad, PW
Quote:
I just might have to (read "want to") as well, but I'm hoping for a trade-in deal.

I just went to Sonystyle.com and they list their "Trade-in Program" under "Services". I went through the process and it gave me a trade-in value for my 700 of $55.00 on a Sonystyle Gift Card towards purchase of a newer device.
The problem with that is it's kind of rare. No one bought the damn thing, or those that did complained and returned them for contrast issues. I don't think we'll find much better of a deal anywhere. $55/700 is a pretty good deal. Sure, they were around $300 for us early adopters, but I haven't found anyone willing to pay more than around 75 - 100...I wonder if I can trade in my Vaio P as well.

Apparently they give more for the old tech. An old 505 gets a $43 trade in. a 500 gets $0.

Here's the kicker. a K2 only returns $23. But a nook returns a $43 trade in.

And for those curious, they'll give me $188 for my 16gb/iPad. What a steal

My Vaio P is $113...wonder if it's worth the trade

Last edited by jaxx6166; 09-02-2010 at 12:38 AM.
jaxx6166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 12:40 AM   #35
rebarnmom
Wizard

Actually I would only get the $43 trade-in. I accidentally included the power adapter, which I got for a steal at Circuit City when they went out of business.
Advert
Old 09-02-2010, 01:21 AM   #36
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, jetBook-Lite, jetBook mini, Toshiba Thrive, JETBOOK COLOR
Quote:
Actually I would only get the $43 trade-in. I accidentally included the power adapter, which I got for a steal at Circuit City when they went out of business.
Did you try sell it on eBay?
I see the bid - $203.5 for Sony 505
Kris777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 01:39 AM   #37
rebarnmom
Wizard

Quote:
After looking at the manuals, it doesn't look like the PSP charger will work with the new models, which would make it useless to me. If I trade it in with the 700, I'll get more in credit for the charger than I paid for it.
Old 09-02-2010, 01:46 AM   #38
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
The screen looks washed out a bit compared to the Sony.
Comparing my BBMini to the K3, it looks washed out... The overall impression of the Pearl screen is that the background looks whiter, but when you look closer, you can't see it anymore
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 01:48 AM   #39
rebarnmom
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris777 View Post
Did you try sell it on eBay?
I see the bid - $203.5 for Sony 505
I've just been looking at completed listings for used 700's, and most have been selling for over $100, and some as high as $169.00.
Old 09-02-2010, 01:53 AM   #40
GlennD
Wizard
GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS350, iPhone, iPad
When we bought my wife's PRS300 (during the PRS500 $50 trade-in offer), we went to a SonyStyle store and were told that there was also a $60 recycling rebate on the 500. They actually gave us that in addition to the $50 trade-in. We even asked him to verify with his manager that we could stack the rebates, and he confirmed that we could. Ended up with a steal of a deal on the 300.

The point of all that is, if you live near a Sony store it's worth going in and asking about a recycling rebate.
GlennD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 04:51 AM   #41
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505; PRS-350, PRS-T1, iPad, Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikij View Post
Try www.Sonystyle.com or any other or sonystyle sites. There they are on pre-order.
Sorry, I meant to say that I'd looked them up on youtube and didn't find anything.
Latinandgreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 05:52 AM   #42
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabound View Post
LOL, that was funny. So sneaky of jetbook to do that. Ok, jetbook, when will you be releasing the MINI?
I was told October.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 06:53 AM   #43
ardeegee
Maratus speciosus butt
ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
I was told October.
Were you told a MSRP?
ardeegee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 06:55 AM   #44
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ardeegee View Post
Were you told a MSRP?
They're not sure yet, sorry.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 09:22 AM   #45
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by LDBoblo View Post
Nice teaser video. One thing that struck me was how the new Sony still isn't doing real italics. Looks like I'll have to wait and see how PDF performance is before making a jump.
Its not the fault of Sony. It's the fault of ADE. ADE is doing the simulated italics. One thing I have noticed is that a lot of publishers are embedding a real font family that gives true italics and true bold. The font they are using is all the same one and it looks pretty good too.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote