Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 09-23-2008, 09:25 AM   #1
Redcard
Addict
Redcard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Redcard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Redcard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Redcard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Redcard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Redcard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Redcard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Redcard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Redcard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Redcard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Redcard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Self Publishing Ebook Authors

I was curious if there was a collection of self publishing ebook authors here.. is there a wiki page for that, or something? I searched it, but couldn't find it.

Or can we get them listing here and I can create a wiki page?

I'd like to see what people have written, how much they charge/want, how many "free" chapters they give.

Also, to authors here, a suggestion. Perhaps you can make a "sample pack" and upload that here?
Redcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 10:54 AM   #2
Richard Herley
Author
Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
I am just such a creature. A central register of self-publishing authors would be great; and I will gladly link on my own site to any authors who operate the same shareware model as my own, or something close to it, and are likely to appeal -- broadly -- to the sort of readers who like my fiction.

My terms are "buy if you have enjoyed it". Prices vary according to the length of the text, but average about $1.70 a novel: much cheaper than a commercial title. Files are available from me as plain ASCII text or in MS-Word format, or in many other formats from Feedbooks and manybooks.net.
Richard Herley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-23-2008, 01:41 PM   #3
CleverClothe
Guru
CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, Onyx Boox 60
There is an authors section on the e-Book store page:

https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/E-book_stores
CleverClothe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 02:10 PM   #4
Redcard
Addict
Redcard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Redcard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Redcard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Redcard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Redcard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Redcard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Redcard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Redcard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Redcard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Redcard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Redcard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverClothe View Post
There is an authors section on the e-Book store page:

https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/E-book_stores
Yes, but I've found it to be slightly incomplete.

There are more authors out there, a LOT more.. and I'd like to get them listed too.

And technically, some of them aren't "stores", per se, but are free.
Old 09-23-2008, 02:12 PM   #5
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redcard View Post

There are more authors out there, a LOT more.. and I'd like to get them listed too.

I just added Richard Herleys "store". Please feel free to add others. That is the whole point of the Wiki!!!

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-23-2008, 02:14 PM   #6
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Added Jeffery Carver's books "store" to the Wiki.

BOb
Old 09-23-2008, 02:21 PM   #7
Redcard
Addict

Okey dokey Will do that .. I just remember seeing a lot of update threads here
Old 09-23-2008, 03:21 PM   #8
Richard Herley
Author
Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
I just added Richard Herleys "store". Please feel free to add others. That is the whole point of the Wiki!!!
BOb
Thanks a lot, BOb, I'm up to my ears in work right now and anyway I'd have felt diffident about doing that.

Richard Herley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 03:24 PM   #9
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Herley View Post
Thanks a lot, BOb, I'm up to my ears in work right now and anyway I'd have felt diffident about doing that.

No problem. Since I haven't read your books yet I didn't know what to list as the genre which your books fall into. If you let me know I will add it to the Wiki info.

BOb
Old 09-23-2008, 04:15 PM   #10
DanPoynter
DanPoynter began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone & Pocket PC
Self-Publishing eBook Authors

IND-E-PUBS. Covers eBooks.
See
http://www.ind-e-pubs.com/
Ind-e-pubs-owner@yahoogroups.com

-Dan Poynter, The Self-Publishing Manual
DanPoynter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 04:23 PM   #11
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redcard View Post

there is also a wiki page for free eBooks. Add any site you find.

If the pages get too bulky I can always split them or categorize them. The authors section of the store page is already separated to make it easy to find.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 04:27 PM   #12
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
There is also a wiki page on authoring tools and tips. I would like to see the wiki beefed up for and by eBook authors. We also have a page for eBook reviews. Everybody can contribute to a wiki.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote