Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 06-20-2012, 10:04 AM   #1
AThirstyMind
A Thirsty Mind
AThirstyMind plays well with othersAThirstyMind plays well with othersAThirstyMind plays well with othersAThirstyMind plays well with othersAThirstyMind plays well with othersAThirstyMind plays well with othersAThirstyMind plays well with othersAThirstyMind plays well with othersAThirstyMind plays well with othersAThirstyMind plays well with othersAThirstyMind plays well with others

Device: Kindle Fire, iPad, iPhone
Compiled Mobi by Kindle Previewer

I don't normally use Kindle Previewer to compile a mobi from an epub... normally use Calibre (epub to mobi). But today I did, and I got a most unsatisfactory output. My base HTML was fine, the epub looked great (in Sigil as well as in several epub viewers), but when I opened the epub in K Previewer and it compiled the ebook into a mobi, most of the output looked ok, but one whole chapter had lost all formatting and a Heading 2 Style did not match the underlying HTML. The chapter that was off was a list of titles, the underlines were missing as well as italics and centered formatting. It was in the epub correctly though and in the HTML. Does anyone have any ideas?
AThirstyMind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 10:16 AM   #2
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Valid HTML/ePub does not equal "will always convert perfectly to a mobi." Read the Amazon Kindle Publishing Guidelines to learn how best to prepare HTML/ePubs for conversion with Kindlegen/Kindle Previewer.

There are perfectly valid things you can do with an ePub (and that calibre will make allowances for), that just won't work with Amazon's official tools. There's quite a learning curve—which is what tends to make calibre more attractive to many people.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 06-20-2012 at 10:30 AM.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
calibre, html, kindle previewer, mobi