Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-06-2010, 09:46 AM   #1
sunnysmiles
Addict
sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: I pad air, kindle pw2 and kindle touch , kindle had fire Nook pad nook
bought a smile to the face

Who says men can't multi-task? Driver caught on video reading a book, using a Kindle AND answering his phone... at 60mph

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz14VfG7FUi

I know its not funny but it did bring a smile to the face

Last edited by sunnysmiles; 11-06-2010 at 10:21 AM.
sunnysmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 10:56 AM   #2
curstpriest
Confused
curstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toys

Device: Kindle DXG
pretty stupid =X
curstpriest is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-06-2010, 12:54 PM   #3
OakIris
Addict
OakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a Texan

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi; Kindle Paperwhite
Wow! That guy is stupid and irresponsible indeed, but it is "shake-your head-in disbelief" amusing. Of course, I don't want such people on the road when I'm driving.

Holly
OakIris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 12:55 PM   #4
jbcohen
Wizard
jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung A21
I think a kindle is a better ereader then a Libra Pro is for driving and reading at the same time.
jbcohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 01:10 PM   #5
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Sorry.......it didn't "bring a smile to my face".

It makes me angry that people like that are on the road.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-06-2010, 02:10 PM   #6
Bikeridr
Information Acquirer
Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 International, Pocketbook Color
There is a rather lengthy thread about it here
It is *NOT* funny, and in the thread linked I've expressed my opinion.
That "multitasker" is, pr.def, an I.D.I.O.T!
Bikeridr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 03:17 PM   #7
duckeedoug
Zealot
duckeedoug doesn't litterduckeedoug doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS 505
Maybe he was using some new GPS application on his Kindle that the consumer is not aware of. One of those R&D types you know.
duckeedoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 12:13 PM   #8
catsittingstill
Guru
catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1.0.8, iPod Touch, Kindle Keyboard
The only thing I can think of that would be reasonable to check on a Kindle while driving would be a brief glance at the directions to get where one is going. I don't think that would be any worse than using directions written on paper.

I have heard of people reading while they drive. I have also heard of them having many accidents that way.
catsittingstill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 02:54 PM   #9
Grimm
DRM killer
Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ASUS Transformer Prime (Sold: Nook, Kindle 3, Nook Color, Nook STR)
I'd like to feed him all those devices.
Grimm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 04:05 PM   #10
duckeedoug
Zealot

Well if he gets into a accident he won't need you to feed him all of those devices. The impact would take care of that for you. As for the GPS feature just so everyone is aware I was joking. Just my attempt to make light of the situation.
Old 11-07-2010, 04:17 PM   #11
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by duckeedoug View Post
Well if he gets into a accident he won't need you to feed him all of those devices. The impact would take care of that for you. As for the GPS feature just so everyone is aware I was joking. Just my attempt to make light of the situation.
Its not him I"m worrying about.......its the innocents that will get maimed, or killed when he finally winds up in an accident.

Not to worry about the gps comment........but some things should never be made light of.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 05:29 PM   #12
Grimm
DRM killer
Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckeedoug View Post
Oh no worries. I have one of the most severe cases of gallows humor I know of.
Old 11-07-2010, 05:55 PM   #13
duckeedoug
Zealot

Grimm, Thanks. I'm not worried about it at all. It's already done, and it is what it is. Ther person had already made there choice to drive in the manner in which they had chosen and there is nothing that can be done about that at all. Some people are just more uptight about the video. I don't get quite so uptight about it. My blood pressure is already high enough and I'm not about to get upset over that video. And who knows maybe Amazon is developing a GPS for the Kindle and as one member pointed out it is similiar to looking at a piece of paper or a GPS mounted on the dash of a car or even car stereo which many cars are now equipped with. One would be totally taking there eyes off of the road in those situations. I won't say that we all do it, but many of US do. It is called multi-tasking and you can drive down the road on any given day and see other motorist doing similiar things. The Cell phone was over the top though, which was probably the point of no return for pissing the viewers off.
Old 11-09-2010, 04:07 PM   #14
Grimm
DRM killer

Reading a Kindle whilst driving and glancing at a GPS to see your route are two very different things.
Old 11-09-2010, 07:59 PM   #15
duckeedoug
Zealot

In your opinion. A distraction is a distraction regardless if your playing with electronic toys, changing radio station, looking at a piece of paper or looking at your GPS which is mounted up on the dash board or in the Radio unit of your Toyota or BMW . You are still taking your eyes off of the road regardless. You can state that they are two different thing but in fact they are the same thing. If you take yours eyes off of the road and get into a accident it will be a high probability that you will be at fault and held liable for the accident. How could you justify that you were looking at your GPS unit or car radio when the accident occured therefore the accident should not be your fault. It is just as easy in the example listed in this thread that a person could be hit resulting in injury or dealth. It cannot be justified plain and simple. Like I stated earlier I believe that the blood pressure of many went up once that driver started using the cell phone in addition to the already distracted viewing of the Kindle.

Last edited by duckeedoug; 11-09-2010 at 08:03 PM.