Closed Thread

Old 04-22-2010, 12:47 PM   #1831
gambarini
Connoisseur
gambarini began at the beginning.

Device: IRiver Story, Ipod Touch, Android SmartPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starson17 View Post
Here is the documentation. I've read that page many times and keep going back. There would be many ways to find the tag you need with BeautifulSoup navigation. You can use a regular expression to match it, or a findNextSibliing, etc. I am certainly not an expert, but I would try to construct a command that finds this tag, then print the tag found, then see if what gets printed is what you expected. If not, adjust, etc. until it prints the right tag.
Code:
    def print_version(self, url):
        raw = self.browser.open(url).read()
        soup = BeautifulSoup(raw.decode('utf8', 'replace'))
        print_link = soup.find('a', {'class':'printarticle'})
        return  'www.infomotori.com' + print_link['href'] 
        feeds          =     [(u'Ultime Novit\xe0', u'http://feeds.infomotori.com/ultimenovita')]
In this case the print link appeare good in debug, but the calibre return "can't download article. try -vv for details"

Last edited by gambarini; 04-23-2010 at 03:08 AM.
Old 04-22-2010, 03:08 PM   #1832
kiklop74
Guru
kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle Voyage
New recipe for Austrian newspaper Kurier:
Attached Files
File Type: zip kurier.zip (1.4 KB, 156 views)
Old 04-22-2010, 11:58 PM   #1833
Blisters
Blisters began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Global Wireless
Recipe for "The West Australian" newspaper?

Hello,

I'm very new to this fantastic service (calibre) and to this site as well. If I'm reading correctly, it seems people here more knowledgeable than I are willing to create recipes for newspaper sites. If so, I'd like to take advantage as I'm a complete newbie at this kind of thing.

I'm interested in a new recipe for "The West Australian" newspaper, (thewest.com.au)

Thanks so much.

P.S. Many thanks for the existing service on some other Australian papers.
Old 04-23-2010, 12:55 AM   #1834
jonny109
jonny109 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony pocket edition
is it possible to create a recipe from a site that doesn't have a feed?

I would love to be able to pull all of the articles from the following page:
http://www.321gold.com/archives/archive.php

Please email me if you can help at jonny34@gmail.com

Thanks!
Old 04-23-2010, 04:21 AM   #1835
mhdamoody
mhdamoody began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX
Quote:
Originally Posted by hansd View Post
standard is the same as the previous, but now as a more convenient zip file.
Thanks Hansd, I will try this now & update you accordingly!!
Old 04-23-2010, 10:20 AM   #1836
kiklop74
Guru
kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

New recipe for Australian newspapers The West Australian:
Attached Files
File Type: zip thewest.zip (1.7 KB, 145 views)

Last edited by kiklop74; 04-23-2010 at 10:27 AM.
Old 04-23-2010, 12:41 PM   #1837
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonny109 View Post
is it possible to create a recipe from a site that doesn't have a feed?
Yes

Quote:
Please email me if you can help at jonny34@gmail.com
No. You may not be aware, but it's not polite to ask for help and to ask for it to be delivered personally via email.
Old 04-23-2010, 01:55 PM   #1838
derrick
derrick began at the beginning.

Device: sony 505
help with recipe

Could you kindly please help with the following recipe?
http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/rss/china_rss.xml
Old 04-23-2010, 10:03 PM   #1839
Blisters
Blisters began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Global Wireless
Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiklop74 View Post
New recipe for Australian newspapers The West Australian:
Many, many thanks. I don't know how you did it, but it works perfectly.

Is it at all possible to adjust the recipe to include images? Please forgive if this is a stupid question.
Old 04-24-2010, 09:54 AM   #1840
funkgut
funkgut began at the beginning.

Device: SONY PRS-700, GEB 1150
Catholic News Recipe

I was hoping I could request a recipe for http://www.catholicnews.com. I tried doing it myself, but all the articles came up blank. There are 3 feeds. Top News, Vatican, and Movie Reviews........I would like all if possible.

Thanks in advance for the help......also is there any reason why just adding the feeds in Calibre doesn't work.........?

Here is the code for what I tried to do:

Code:
class AdvancedUserRecipe1272117202(BasicNewsRecipe):
    title          = u'Catholic News'
    oldest_article = 7
    max_articles_per_feed = 100

feeds          = [(u'Top Stories', u'http://feedity.com/rss.aspx/catholicnews-com/UVNXUVU'), (u'Vatacan', u'http://feedity.com/rss.aspx/catholicnews-com/VVdQUFM'), (u'Movie Reviews', u'http://feedity.com/rss.aspx/catholicnews-com/VVRTW1Q')]
Thanks again.......
Old 04-24-2010, 10:43 AM   #1841
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkgut View Post
I was hoping I could request a recipe for http://www.catholicnews.com. I tried doing it myself, but all the articles came up blank.
Because I sent you here, and more or less promised someone would help, I set out to do it myself. I first took my standard recipe and dropped your feeds into it.

It worked.

Since my standard recipe isn't too different from the default produced by Calibre, I wondered why yours didn't work, so I tried yours.

It worked, too.

So now I wonder why you think your recipe doesn't work?

The default could be improved a bit, but it's certainly readable.

Last edited by Starson17; 04-24-2010 at 11:04 AM.
Old 04-24-2010, 11:10 AM   #1842
kiklop74
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blisters View Post
Many, many thanks. I don't know how you did it, but it works perfectly.

Is it at all possible to adjust the recipe to include images? Please forgive if this is a stupid question.
The recipe includes images too.
Old 04-24-2010, 01:54 PM   #1843
funkgut

Quote:

It worked.

Since my standard recipe isn't too different from the default produced by Calibre, I wondered why yours didn't work, so I tried yours.

It worked, too.

So now I wonder why you think your recipe doesn't work?

The default could be improved a bit, but it's certainly readable.
Starson.....first off thanks for doing this I appreciate it.......I don't know what could be different? As I stated in my other post, it seems that everything is ok but when I click into a headline.......I get no article just a blank page that states "Article Downloaded by caibre...." an then the url but this is the only thing that shows. It seems to have the correct amount of pages, but again they have no text except for the message above. Is this not what you are seeing?

Thanks again.
Old 04-24-2010, 02:28 PM   #1844
Starson17
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkgut View Post
I get no article just a blank page that states "Article Downloaded by caibre...." an then the url but this is the only thing that shows. It seems to have the correct amount of pages, but again they have no text except for the message above. Is this not what you are seeing?
I see the complete article, as it appears when I go to the article in my browser, with the "Article Downloaded by Calibre...." message at the bottom. Are you viewing your result as an epub on your computer or are you converting to another format first?

Edit: Do other recipes work for you?

Last edited by Starson17; 04-24-2010 at 02:54 PM.
Old 04-24-2010, 08:16 PM   #1845
funkgut

Quote:
I see the complete article, as it appears when I go to the article in my browser, with the "Article Downloaded by Calibre...." message at the bottom. Are you viewing your result as an epub on your computer or are you converting to another format first?

Edit: Do other recipes work for you?
Maybe that is my issue......I am using Calibre to transfer to my Sony PRS-700. The default format I am using is LRF. I am going to try epub and see how that works.............I tried it and still the same issue.........I didn't upload it to my device I just fetched it and viewed it through Calibre the articles still do not download...........just the "Article downloaded by calibre........."

Sorry I am not making this up.........just weird!!!
Closed Thread