Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 01-01-2009, 01:34 AM   #1
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
BooksOnBoard 100% Rewards Dollars Back

BooksOnBoard Weekly eBook Bestsellers of 2008
Get 100% Rewards Dollars Back on 52 Bestselling eBooks

http://www.booksonboard.com/index.php?F=newyears_1_2008

Just don't blame me that they apparently can't count. They started advertising this (only on their RSS feed) just after 5pm and there were 40 books there. It certainly appears that a third page was planned, but left off (and I suspect there won't be anyone to answer questions until after the sale is over).

Anyway, 40 bestsellers at 100% rebate isn't bad (and you can use any existing reward dollars to pay for them; if you have around $300 to $350 on account there, you could pick these up without spending a penny and have the same amount of credit available, once they get the reward dollars posted next week).
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 10:45 AM   #2
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Still only 40 books on the original link, but today they have changed the Rewards Specials page (http://www.booksonboard.com/index.php?BODY=rewards) to include the 100% rebate books (they were not there yesterday). It appears quite a few more were added (but I didn't count to see if they added up to 52, as some books appear more than once, due to formatting).
Old 01-01-2009, 10:50 AM   #3
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
thanks, great find !
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 10:54 AM   #4
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
thanks, great find !
Well, yeah, Zelda! It's a great find if you have money!!

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 10:58 AM   #5
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
Well, yeah, Zelda! It's a great find if you have money!!

Don
hm, well i suppose if you have no credit there already and don't want to spend too much money to begin with, you could buy one book, wait for the reward, use that to buy a second book, etc. (depending on how many books you wanted)... (some people are never satisfied ! )
Old 01-01-2009, 11:05 AM   #6
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
hm, well i suppose if you have no credit there already and don't want to spend too much money to begin with, you could buy one book, wait for the reward, use that to buy a second book, etc. (depending on how many books you wanted)... (some people are never satisfied ! )
Actually, I have about $7.00, but I'm tapped out right now because of the holiday season, and what with Fictionwise and Sony having aleady offered certain specials over the past month.

If ebooks continue to take off, I'm going to be really broke. I'll ask Congress for a grant. (Is that wrong?) What is it, 750 Billion now? All they need to do is make it 750 Billion + $200 dollars.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 12:38 PM   #7
koland
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
If ebooks continue to take off, I'm going to be really broke. I'll ask Congress for a grant. (Is that wrong?) What is it, 750 Billion now? All they need to do is make it 750 Billion + $200 dollars.
Please apply now - if we are quick, we can use that, Zelda's tactic (which does work at BoB, but only if they are fairly quick at giving you your reward dollars, which sometimes they are not), and the ability to use RW to send each other gift certificates:

You buy $200 in books, get it all back in RW. Send gift certificate to next person in line, who does the same. Repeat until everyone here has all the books (and BoB goes completely broke! Of course, they can then have themselves declared as a bank (others have) and get in on the bailout, themselves).

Hmmmm.... Maybe we don't have enough time to do this, the sale might end before your grant comes thru.
Old 01-01-2009, 12:44 PM   #8
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
Please apply now - if we are quick, we can use that, Zelda's tactic (which does work at BoB, but only if they are fairly quick at giving you your reward dollars, which sometimes they are not), and the ability to use RW to send each other gift certificates:

You buy $200 in books, get it all back in RW. Send gift certificate to next person in line, who does the same. Repeat until everyone here has all the books (and BoB goes completely broke! Of course, they can then have themselves declared as a bank (others have) and get in on the bailout, themselves).

Hmmmm.... Maybe we don't have enough time to do this, the sale might end before your grant comes thru.
brilliant !! have you thought about getting a job on wall street ? or perhaps reconverting yourself as an evil genius ? heheheh...
Old 01-01-2009, 12:46 PM   #9
Phogg
PHD in Horribleness
Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Just a whole bunch. I guess I am a collector now.
Quote:
Actually, I have about $7.00, but I'm tapped out right now because of the holiday season, and what with Fictionwise and Sony having aleady offered certain specials over the past month.

Don

Free stuff from the government?
Phogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 01:20 PM   #10
ProfJulie
Evangelist
ProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-books

Device: whatever
Oh Goody!

I got a $100 gift certificate from Books on Board for Christmas! If I play my cards right, I can use that $100 over and over again.
ProfJulie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 01:22 PM   #11
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfJulie View Post
I got a $100 gift certificate from Books on Board for Christmas! If I play my cards right, I can use that $100 over and over again.
crikey !! nice timing !! that 100$ is going to go a long way, i can tell !
Old 01-02-2009, 09:54 AM   #12
bighugs
bighugs began at the beginning.

Device: Sony ereader
Thanks SO much for posting this...
bighugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 09:57 AM   #13
arshield
Enthusiast
arshield is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle
how long for rewards to show

How long does it take for the rewards to show up?
arshield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 10:47 AM   #14
koland
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by arshield View Post
How long does it take for the rewards to show up?
In general, the next business day. Their rewards are done by hand (and you have to check them, sometimes they miss your email requesting them, sometimes the amount isn't right, although it hasn't happened to me all that often).

This sale goes thru the weekend. All rewards will post NEXT WEEK when the rest of the staff gets back off vacation/holiday. This is per email I received today (I had asked how long the sale lasted and where the other titles were hiding).
Old 01-02-2009, 04:40 PM   #15
tech_au
Oz Bookworm
tech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura about

Device: Sony PRS 505,PRS 650
Arrrgh My ebook account is seriously overdrawn from the half-price sale at WHSmiths but I can feel the irresistable draw to buy more e-books. Must try to resist
tech_au is offline   Reply With Quote