Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 11-13-2008, 09:54 AM   #1
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Christmas wish list!

I'm stealing VR's idea and making it a thread.

I want the new program for my LiveScribe to work on 64 bit machines to come out.

I want an infrared keyboard from ThinkGeek.com

And a m-Edge cover and light for my Kindle.

And world peace if you've got the time...
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 09:56 AM   #2
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
hey !! i thought we agreed, no more posting thinkgeek links ???? stop that right now !!!
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 09:58 AM   #3
pshrynk
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
hey !! i thought we agreed, no more posting thinkgeek links ???? stop that right now !!!
You agreed. I don't remember me agreeing.
Old 11-13-2008, 09:59 AM   #4
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?
Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura 2nd edition, Kobo Clara HD
I want an Popcorn A-110
Slite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 10:00 AM   #5
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
I've been a very good girl this year, except for July-Aug. I'm hoping Santa leaves me a nice big Fictionwise gift certificate in my stocking.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 10:12 AM   #6
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slite View Post
I want an Popcorn A-110
Be careful what you wish for, Slite. I have a popcornhour A-110. It's sitting on the shelf. Big problems. 1. It converts anamorphic widescreen to 4x3 letterbox. The response from popcornhour was "use your TV zoom to expand it." Many (most?) TV's don't have a zoom for HD format. 2. Doesn't handle all WAV files. Ones with title information don't play. No workaround. (I maintain my audio in WAV files to retain as much of the original audio information as possible. Hard drives are cheap nowadays...)

and 3. Build quality is poor. when I turned mine off, I always got a big POP in the audio receiver. Something is not grounded properly in the hardware. I would have turned it in for repair/replacement except 1 and 2 made me put it in the scrap heap.
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 10:15 AM   #7
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?
Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph Sir Edward View Post
Be careful what you wish for, Slite. I have a popcornhour A-110. It's sitting on the shelf. Big problems. 1. It converts anamorphic widescreen to 4x3 letterbox. The response from popcornhour was "use your TV zoom to expand it." Many (most?) TV's don't have a zoom for HD format. 2. Doesn't handle all WAV files. Ones with title information don't play. No workaround. (I maintain my audio in WAV files to retain as much of the original audio information as possible. Hard drives are cheap nowadays...)

and 3. Build quality is poor. when I turned mine off, I always got a big POP in the audio receiver. Something is not grounded properly in the hardware. I would have turned it in for repair/replacement except 1 and 2 made me put it in the scrap heap.
*sigh* Well, I'm not really surprised... It did sound too good to be true But it's just that my old Xbox gen 1 isn't really equipped to handle my media anymore. It's too slow. Oh well, guess I'll just have to wish for a HTPC instead
Old 11-13-2008, 10:17 AM   #8
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

i thought a popcorn A-110 was some fancy machine for making, ah, popcorn. shows what i know.
Old 11-13-2008, 10:18 AM   #9
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?

Quote:
i thought a popcorn A-110 was some fancy machine for making, ah, popcorn. shows what i know.
Well, I could live with one of those as well ... Warm popcorn to the friday night movie FTW!
Old 11-13-2008, 10:20 AM   #10
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Well, I could live with one of those as well ... Warm popcorn to the friday night movie FTW!
you know, you can actually make popcorn in a really big pot on the stove. or in fact in the microwave. i googled it once and found literally dozens (possible hundreds) of methods / recipes, including more than one requiring only a paper sack and a microwave.

(you're welcome. )
Old 11-13-2008, 10:21 AM   #11
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
Quote:
*sigh* Well, I'm not really surprised... It did sound too good to be true But it's just that my old Xbox gen 1 isn't really equipped to handle my media anymore. It's too slow. Oh well, guess I'll just have to wish for a HTPC instead
Look at the bright side. I saved you from wasting some money....

Queen Zelda, there is a market out there for a media player that reads audio and video from USB 2.0 ports and plugs into a TV/home theatre. That way you can use a remote control to play media, instead of a keyboard to a computer. It's small, like the liseuse market. Like the e-ink liseuse, there isn't one that actually does the job right, yet. Popcorn hour is the latest company to offer one...And they do software updates, just like the e-ink liseuse makers, but the problems I mentioned they consider to be not fixable with their hardware...

Last edited by Greg Anos; 11-13-2008 at 10:28 AM.
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 10:24 AM   #12
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph Sir Edward View Post
Look at the bright side. I saved you from wasting some money....
Yeah, right... a HTPC is WAY more expensive than an A-110, thanks alot man
Old 11-13-2008, 10:25 AM   #13
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Quote:
It is. 110 is the caliber of the popcorn shells which explode inside the "A" (atomic) popcorn reactor. This particular model is best used outside in Am's back garden, next to her Burning Bra BBQ Pit.
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 10:26 AM   #14
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
It is. 110 is the caliber of the popcorn shells which explode inside the "A" (atomic) popcorn reactor. This particular model is best used outside in Am's back garden, next to her Burning Bra BBQ Pit.
Old 11-13-2008, 10:27 AM   #15
pshrynk

You know if there was such a thing as dog nip...

Tags
unutterable silliness