Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 08-19-2010, 10:02 AM   #46
queentess
Reading is sexy
queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Old Man View Post
Reading the advertisements for eReaders I seldom, if ever, see them boast of the readability for us older folks. But this, to me, is the primary advantage of eBooks. I just ordered the Kindle DXG.
Forget you old folks, what about us young folk with vision problems?!

I can nearly read without corrective lenses, but require them for distance. So when I go to bed, I usually take out my contacts, enlarge the font on my ereader, and I'm ready to go. It's also super-handy for low light situations. Instead of squinting or getting out a book light, I just enlarge the font.
queentess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 02:40 PM   #47
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
Quote:
Originally Posted by queentess View Post
So when I go to bed, I usually take out my contacts, enlarge the font on my ereader, and I'm ready to go. It's also super-handy for low light situations. Instead of squinting or getting out a book light, I just enlarge the font.
I am nearsighted in one eye and farsighted in the other (unintentional result of PRK, but I am happy with it). Consequently, I don't need reading glasses, but my husband has them. I am anxious to see if my husband can read by bumping up the font (he has reading glasses).

I recently got a pbook from the library (it wasn't available in ebook form). It was a popular book, and had been well-used. It was kinda gross. I didn't want to touch the pages with my bare fingers. My beautiful purple kindle keeps all my books pristine.
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert