Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 05-19-2011, 03:21 AM   #1
pocoreader
pocoreader writes the songs that make the whole world sing.pocoreader writes the songs that make the whole world sing.pocoreader writes the songs that make the whole world sing.pocoreader writes the songs that make the whole world sing.pocoreader writes the songs that make the whole world sing.pocoreader writes the songs that make the whole world sing.pocoreader writes the songs that make the whole world sing.pocoreader writes the songs that make the whole world sing.pocoreader writes the songs that make the whole world sing.pocoreader writes the songs that make the whole world sing.pocoreader writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: Kindle
Charger questions

My Kindle came with a USB cable that I use for charging by plugging it in to my computer. The cord looks an awful lot like an ipod Touch cord, the USB end of which plugs in to a little cube that allows me to charge it by plugging it into a wall outlet. My question: can I use the same little cube to plug my Kindle cord into to charge my Kindle using a wall outlet?

Also, does anyone know of, or can they recommend a solar charger for the Kindle?

Thanks.
pocoreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 03:45 AM   #2
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by pocoreader View Post
My question: can I use the same little cube to plug my Kindle cord into to charge my Kindle using a wall outlet?

Also, does anyone know of, or can they recommend a solar charger for the Kindle?

Thanks.
Yes, you can. I use the charger that came with my phone all the time to charge my DX. I'll leave the solar charger to someone else; I have no experience with them.
mbovenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-19-2011, 03:49 AM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
It's a standard USB charger and a standard micro-USB cable. You can use any such chargers and cables with the Kindle.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 10:45 AM   #4
RainingLemur
Spork Connoisseur
RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color
For the solar charger, you can try something like this.

I had something like this in my car for a while that worked fine for some of my electronic stuff. Wasn't the fastest charge, but was good enough to give juice when I needed it.

Edit: Is that a Spinone in your avatar?
RainingLemur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 03:53 PM   #5
pocoreader
pocoreader writes the songs that make the whole world sing.pocoreader writes the songs that make the whole world sing.pocoreader writes the songs that make the whole world sing.pocoreader writes the songs that make the whole world sing.pocoreader writes the songs that make the whole world sing.pocoreader writes the songs that make the whole world sing.pocoreader writes the songs that make the whole world sing.pocoreader writes the songs that make the whole world sing.pocoreader writes the songs that make the whole world sing.pocoreader writes the songs that make the whole world sing.pocoreader writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: Kindle
Had to google Spinone--learn something every day. The pic is of my boy Theo, a Lab X Standard Poodle. I love that picture because he looks so dozy (it was a bright day.) Although he is not the sharpest knife in the drawer, he has managed to take over our lives in his two short years.
pocoreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-19-2011, 04:43 PM   #6
SamuraiXSendai
Addict
SamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle 1. Kindle 2. IPAD. KDXG. Kindle 3.Fire
I use the orange solar joos. Size of the DX, it can charge my gadgets multiple times, is very tough - even submersible so you can leave it out. I live in an urban area so I use a bike ulock to secure it, it has a hole big enough for the U.
SamuraiXSendai is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
charging, solar charger, usb cable