Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 08-11-2006, 09:56 AM   #1
doctorow
Guru
doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
iRex iLiad emergency hotline

In case you are in trouble with the software or hardware of your iLiad, you may want to contact iRex directly via phone. The following number (based in Germany) proved to be useful:

+49 5241 999 723
doctorow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 04:18 PM   #2
scotty1024
Banned
scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.

Device: Reader / iPhone / Librie / Kindle
I think that's a "local" phone call on my Vonage service.

The world, she sure is a' changin'...
scotty1024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-08-2006, 01:51 PM   #3
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Some more useful ways of getting in direct contact with them:

Techsupport@irextechnologies.com (for technical issues)
Shop@irextechnologies.com (for info regarding orders/shipment)
Info@irextechnologies.com (for general information)
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 03:34 PM   #4
scotty1024
Banned
scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.

But nothing seems to move them quickly (not even having gotten a second dead unit in a row). So adjust your expectations accordingly.
Old 09-11-2006, 03:54 AM   #5
pdam
Groupie
pdam doesn't litterpdam doesn't litter

Device: iLiad, iPaq, Psion5&7, Blackberry
It must be said iRex's customer service really does need improving. My device was shipped without a UK plug socket adapter (and I'm in the UK). I entered the details of the issue through the iRex website the day after I device, I haven't even had confirmation of receipt of the issue a week later ...
pdam is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-11-2006, 10:43 AM   #6
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Yeah, they don't provide that adaptor, apparently. I think Riocaz found he had to just buy his own, a minor irritation, but an irritation, nonetheless.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 11:59 AM   #7
pdam
Groupie

I've got lot's of plugs, so not an issue as such for me ... but as you say, an irritation - It won't be a favorate present this Christmas ... it's like getting a toy with no batteries ...
Old 09-14-2006, 01:42 AM   #8
mdh
mdh began at the beginning.

I saw several comments about no UK plug. There was one in the box with my iLiad. Im in the US so I have not tried it. But I was happy to see it for next time I visit the family.

Mark
mdh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 05:14 AM   #9
pdam
Groupie

...Still I have had no reply from iRex !!! Mails go into a black hole ... this is not good PR for the company, having such grumbles on a public thread ...
Old 09-14-2006, 05:21 AM   #10
Riocaz
Fulfilled but not by iRex
Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Far too many
mdh: You got a 3 pin UK style plug with yours?

If so you are the only person I have heard getting one.
Riocaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 09:35 AM   #11
scotty1024
Banned

The magic number is: 3.

3 defective units in a row gets you an email response in 10 minutes.
Old 09-16-2006, 03:47 PM   #12
mdh
mdh began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riocaz
mdh: You got a 3 pin UK style plug with yours?

If so you are the only person I have heard getting one.
It is a proper 3 pin UK plug and it fits on the power brick (with the low voltage cable comming out the "top" or ground pin side). Of course I have not got to the UK yet (just got back when the iRex arrived), but it is certainly a proper 3 pin UK plug.

I don't see a part number on it, just the UE Fuhua tag that is on all the plugs.

Mark
mdh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 10:55 AM   #13
yokos
Pac-Man caught my iLiad.
yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Boox Max Lumi, iRex iLiad (RIP)
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorow
In case you are in trouble with the software or hardware of your iLiad, you may want to contact iRex directly via phone. The following number (based in Germany) proved to be useful:

+49 5241 999 723
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Turcic
Some more useful ways of getting in direct contact with them:

Techsupport@irextechnologies.com (for technical issues)
Shop@irextechnologies.com (for info regarding orders/shipment)
Info@irextechnologies.com (for general information)
Just an add-on: iRex wants to know your iLiad's MAC Address [printed on sticker on iLiad's back]
yokos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 04:43 AM   #14
Henry Loenwind
Enthusiast
Henry Loenwind is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty1024 View Post
But nothing seems to move them quickly (not even having gotten a second dead unit in a row). So adjust your expectations accordingly.
Yeah, I'm trying since June 9th to get them to repair my iLiad, and still in the eMail ping-pong.
Henry Loenwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 06:17 AM   #15
FORMIGAS
FORMIGAS began at the beginning.

Device: ILEAD
Canvie el en fichero START.SH, del ILIAD

La línea
/usr/bin/Xfbdev -screen 768x1024x8 -3button -dpi 160 -br -nolisten tcp &

Por esta

/usr/bin/Xfbdev -screen 768x1024x16 -3button -dpi 160 -br -nolisten tcp &

Ahora el lector intenta arrancar, pero all ejecutar el START.SH saca líneas
Me podrías ayudar a volver a canviar dicho fichero.
No puedo entrar en el mismo por ninguna vía, Ya sea vía USB, RJ45, ETC.

Gracias por vuestra ayuda
FORMIGAS is offline   Reply With Quote