Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 01-07-2010, 10:10 PM   #1
Joebill
Fanatic
Joebill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joebill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joebill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joebill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joebill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joebill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joebill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joebill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joebill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joebill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joebill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pandigital Novel
A bit of poetry

I wrote some years ago, as part of a series of Dream poems. This is my first post. Not that I think my stuff would have a wide audience, but I am thinking about allowing some of my poetry to be made into free epoems.

Dream 14

[ Copyright by me, 1998. All rights reserved.]

Sitting in the computer lab,
showing students how to find the C compiler,
or was it telnet they needed ?

A vision impinges on my brain,
of a space-suited figure ice skating across the Saturn Rings.

But somebody has just squawked about the printer being jammed,
they've put too heavy a paper in it, once again.

The rings of Jupiter were no good for ice skating,
too thin,
and the zamboni machine,
kept falling into Jupiter's atmosphere,
and got spectacularly crushed.

The ice skating leap,
needed to reach Saturn,
from Jupiter,
would have won Gold at the Olympics,
if it had only been seen.

But its a wordprocessor here,
and database there,
but my mind wanders a bit,
to the ice-skater in Saturn's rings.

[sweeeeeeesh. jump twirl. land, gliiiiide]

But its hot outside,
record heat they say,
the Sun beats down,
from 93,000,000 miles away.

But out Saturn way,
the Solar Heat Oven is on Low,
and a lonely figure skates on rings made of hydrogen ice.
Joebill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 03:43 AM   #2
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Welcome to MR, Joebill

Thank you for sharing your poetry. The clues in your poem make it sound as though you are going to have fun enhancing your new pocket pro!

Have fun exploring the forums and ask if you have any questions.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-08-2010, 06:46 AM   #3
Javed
Grand Sorcerer
Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO, iPod Touch, PRS-650
Thanks for putting this up, Joebill. I enjoyed reading it. Kind of haunting and peaceful.
Javed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 10:25 AM   #4
Joebill
Fanatic
Joebill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joebill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joebill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joebill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joebill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joebill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joebill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joebill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joebill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joebill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joebill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks. The bits about the computer room are factual, the rest is my imagination.

I have a poetry site of most of my poems, link is in my profile. I cover many genres; sf, Old West, weather particularly hurricanes, holiday cards, etc.

Joebill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 11:01 AM   #5
Joebill
Fanatic

I'll try and refrain from posting all of my poems, one person has told me I have written over 1,000 of them since 1992.

Here is one of a type I call future nostalgia

poem: moon base of my heart

[ Copyright by me, 2009. All Rights Reserved. ]

[ background music: the piano part from 'Captain of Her Heart' (US version) by Double, but just a bit slower. Note that I don't actually post music, nor is it a word substitution. It has more to do with, a song is playing in another room while you read this poem. The music drifts down the hallway so you hear it in the background. ]

I remember long ago,
as I travel to the stars,
the first lunar station of my heart,
it sat there lonely,
for many years.

Just a small speck of light,
on the lunar surface,
the lights on Earth drowning it out,
in their many brilliance.

Oh, I remember the first Apollo landing,
on the lunar surface.

Mercury, Gemini to,