Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 07-20-2008, 12:08 AM   #31
jerryleejr
Koby-rific!
jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Sage,Kobo Aura One, Glo HD,PRS-T1,PRS-950, PRS 300, PRS 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
No, my face froze like this...

<----
I can see where that could have it's advantages, Especially if you talk to the people behind you in line, But how do you keep your glasses from falling off??

JJ
jerryleejr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 12:17 AM   #32
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryleejr View Post
I can see where that could have it's advantages, Especially if you talk to the people behind you in line, But how do you keep your glasses from falling off??

JJ
And how do you blow your nose?
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-20-2008, 12:20 AM   #33
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyMaveety View Post
I wish those sites would go a little bit into the history of some of those sayings ... or explain them a bit more. For instance, Zeep might not know that a "polecat" is a skunk.

Also, that "three sheets to the wind" actually came to the South through the mariner's tradition. A sheet is a sail, and if you have three sheets to the wind you are REALLY sailing along (i.e., drunk).
A sail is a sail and a sheet is a line used to trim a sail but it really doesn't quite work as a well when you really know the real definitions of words.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 10:25 AM   #34
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:

JJ
I don't.

Quote:
And how do you blow your nose?
I don't.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 10:29 AM   #35
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
A sail is a sail and a sheet is a line used to trim a sail but it really doesn't quite work as a well when you really know the real definitions of words.

Dale
Damn ... you are right!! And, I actually knew that ... or should know it, I actually crewed on a tall ship. Must be the paint fumes .... ack .... maybe it comes from an old laundry tradition and they are taking clotheslines.

Erg.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-20-2008, 10:32 AM   #36
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Quote:
Hey, I was born in Waco, Texas and both sides of my family are from TX. I say "Honey Child".
THERE's the problem!! The Duck is from Waco!!

It's not far enough East to be in the drawl area. Probably still a twanger.
Old 07-20-2008, 10:43 AM   #37
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
THERE's the problem!! The Duck is from Waco!!

It's not far enough East to be in the drawl area. Probably still a twanger.
Truth in advertising: I only lived there the first year of my life. Air Force ya know.
Old 07-20-2008, 10:45 AM   #38
jerryleejr
Koby-rific!
jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Quote:
Truth in advertising: I only lived there the first year of my life. Air Force ya know.
The Airforce drove you out of Waco?? Man who did you piss off!

JJ
Old 07-20-2008, 10:53 AM   #39
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!

Quote:
Ooooooo ..... so you probably don't have much of an interesting local color accent at all!!

Poifect!!
Old 07-20-2008, 10:58 AM   #40
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

Quote:
Ooooooo ..... so you probably don't have much of an interesting local color accent at all!!

Poifect!!
I've lived in 4 states (some more than once) and 1 foreign country. I sound more Californian than anything, this is the 3rd time I've lived here and the place I call home. Dudes and dudettes!
Old 07-20-2008, 10:59 AM   #41
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

Quote:
The Airforce drove you out of Waco?? Man who did you piss off!

JJ
*I* was the one who got pissed off. My (then) little one year old butt had to leave the country to escape.
Old 07-20-2008, 11:08 AM   #42
jerryleejr
Koby-rific!

Quote:
*I* was the one who got pissed off. My (then) little one year old butt had to leave the country to escape.
OOHH a Fugitive sounds Dangerous!

JJ
Old 07-20-2008, 12:01 PM   #43
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!

Quote:

Dale
I knew I was right about it being nautical .... I was just wrong about what's in the wind. http://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/t...-the-wind.html

As I recall .... if a sailor was so drunk he'd allow a sheet to come off a belaying pin and fly in the wind ... that was drunk. If he'd let it happend to three sheets ... that was really drunk.

I am not kidding when I say the paint fumes are starting to get to me ... and it's waaaaay to hot to open up the windows. I think I'll just sufficate here in the nice cool house. Much more comfy.
Old 07-21-2008, 12:55 AM   #44
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
I knew I was right about it being nautical .... I was just wrong about what's in the wind. http://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/t...-the-wind.html

As I recall .... if a sailor was so drunk he'd allow a sheet to come off a belaying pin and fly in the wind ... that was drunk. If he'd let it happend to three sheets ... that was really drunk.

I am not kidding when I say the paint fumes are starting to get to me ... and it's waaaaay to hot to open up the windows. I think I'll just sufficate here in the nice cool house. Much more comfy.
Sounds much better. And the boat would look drunk as well with all its sheets and therefore sails flapping in the wind. It would not be able to go in a straight line.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 09:28 AM   #45
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Sounds much better. And the boat would look drunk as well with all its sheets and therefore sails flapping in the wind. It would not be able to go in a straight line.

Dale
yep. that's what happens to me, when i'm drunk.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
duck!