Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 06-26-2013, 10:26 AM   #1
dc696969
dc696969 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Problems Sharing to Kindle

I have not Emailed books to my Kindle for a week or two.

But today, having just downloaded Calibre 0.9.36, I find that I cannot email more than one book in any one session.

To be clear, I have tried selecting multiple books and invoking the Email to <my device> command on the Connect/Share button, and I have also tried emailing individual books.

In both cases, only the first email job worked OK, the second email job simply hung.

After stopping the hung job and restarting Calibre, I am able successfully to email the book that was previously hung.

No format conversions are necessary - books are already in MOBI format.

Can anyone help?
Dave

Last edited by dc696969; 06-26-2013 at 11:00 AM. Reason: Added note that conversion is not necessary.
dc696969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 11:16 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Read the note in the gray box here: http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/faq....ails-using-app
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-26-2013, 11:16 AM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by dc696969 View Post
I have not Emailed books to my Kindle for a week or two.

But today, having just downloaded Calibre 0.9.36, I find that I cannot email more than one book in any one session.

To be clear, I have tried selecting multiple books and invoking the Email to <my device> command on the Connect/Share button, and I have also tried emailing individual books.

In both cases, only the first email job worked OK, the second email job simply hung.

After stopping the hung job and restarting Calibre, I am able successfully to email the book that was previously hung.

No format conversions are necessary - books are already in MOBI format.

Can anyone help?
Dave
There is a built in delay for mailing books (anti-trip the anti-spam traps)

Did you wait (IIRC Sends 5 mins between books)? This would NOT be a Freeze, just not an immediate send of all selected.

Also, check you anti-virus/firewall. Daily updates to these can have unwanted effects. You may need to white-list calibre.exe
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 11:25 AM   #4
dc696969
dc696969 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Noted - Thank you for your replies.
dc696969 is offline   Reply With Quote