Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 05-07-2012, 09:02 AM   #1
SojournSilesia
SojournSilesia began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Introducing my father's account of his captivity during WW2

Sojourn in Silesia

My daughter and I retyped the book last year after Dad died, aged nearly 95. She published it, as the original publishers had lost the hard copy!

I also do a blog of Dad's letters home from his prison camp in Upper Silesia.
http://pow16783-lettersfromstalagv111b.blogspot.fr/

We (my daughter and I) are obviously very proud of Dad and are really happy that he left an account of his interment. Many war heroes were understandably unable to talk about/ relive their experiences during the war. We are grateful he was able to, even though he was in his 80's before he felt able to put pen to paper (actually he used a word processor as I recall).

So, thanks for looking. On the off chance that you do buy/download/read the book, please leave a review on Amazon.co.uk.....we would be very grateful

(I do hope I have broken any forum rules).

Kathy of Lamsdorf Remembered.co.uk
SojournSilesia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 02:12 PM   #2
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Welcome to MobileRead.

You have not broken any Posting Guidelines for self-promotion.

However, you should read them so that you are aware of your responsibilities when using our free service. Here they are:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=90052

HAVE FUN!

Don
(Moderator)
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 09:02 AM   #3
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Thanks Kathy, I look forward to reading it. My father, who passed away recently, also only started writing his memoirs when he turned eighty. Something worth treasuring (depite my Mother's heavy hand on the editing, which I will always regret...).
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 04:07 AM   #4
SojournSilesia
SojournSilesia began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Thanks. Sorry your mother was heavy handed.
SojournSilesia is offline   Reply With Quote