Notices

Old 08-09-2007, 12:18 AM   #1
joewilliamsca
Joe Williams
joewilliamsca began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Hi From Alberta, Canada

Hi all,

Sony Support recommended your site to me tonight, so I am checking it out! Glad to be here!

Just a quickie question, Sony Connect is only available in the USA, but I noticed that Borders is selling connect gift cards. Has anyone tried using these gift cards outside of the US? I do a fair amout of travel in the US, so I am wondering if the gift card will allow me to purchase eBooks from the connect store, without having to supply a credit card with a US Billing address (which of course, I dont have)

Thanks
-Joe
joewilliamsca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 09:08 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Yes, Connect gift cards do work. But when you register your Connect on the site, you need to check that you are in the USA.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-12-2007, 11:37 PM   #3
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Wait... backup... Sony support recommended Mobileread to you?!?

Cool beans, guys!!

Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 08:09 AM   #4
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
And there as another person recently who mentioned that someone at a Sony Style store had recommended MobileRead also.

But it makes sense. We have great info, will reduce support calls and create happier customers. And, besides, I think love for e-books is contagious!
Bob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 09:07 AM   #5
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
Nice!
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert