Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-07-2011, 10:07 PM   #1
jakeluck
Groupie
jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

PRS-505 menu and other buttons no response. PLEASE HELP

Just did a battery replacement of the trusty 505. After reassembly, everything seems work. except the following buttons:

menu, up
entire left side control(next, prev, zoom, bookmark)

(volume control works fine)

Now, I can live without most of those, but I do need the "menu",
is there another way to do "menu"?

Tips and suggestions please.
jakeluck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 04:05 AM   #2
Mark Nord
2B || !2B
Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS505/650/T1/tolino vision 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakeluck View Post
Now, I can live without most of those, but I do need the "menu",
is there another way to do "menu"?

Tips and suggestions please.
[EDIT]
1) PRS+ allows to reassign the buttons.
Sorry, unfortunately this is not an option with the standard "KeyBindings.js" of PRS+ 1.1.3
I've just seen your request in the Dev-Corner and rechecked.

But if option 2 not cures your reader we can surely adopted KeyBindings.js to suite your needs.
[\EDIT]

2) recheck the ZIF-connector holding the keybord-"calble"

HTH
Mark

Last edited by Mark Nord; 01-08-2011 at 04:49 AM.
Mark Nord is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-08-2011, 03:23 PM   #3
jakeluck
Groupie
jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Thanks for the suggestions, Mark.

The ZIF has a good connection and I even snipped 1 mm off the tip of the cable to move the contact points closer. No dice.

I made a custom build of PRS+ and got it working by reassigning the volume up to doMenu. (Thank you, kartu). Now I can switch books again without rebooting!

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...64510&page=102
jakeluck is offline   Reply With Quote