Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-25-2012, 08:43 PM   #46
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Interesting. How can it be transferred?
Just the act of downloading the file meant to be transferred to a Kindle device (even if the device is not being used or even broken) will make the book show up in your archive... which can then be accessed by any of your various registered apps.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 08:50 PM   #47
Joykins
Wizard
Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle Oasis 2018, kindle 4 NT, kindle PW2, iPhone, iPad mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
Just the act of downloading the file meant to be transferred to a Kindle device (even if the device is not being used or even broken) will make the book show up in your archive... which can then be accessed by any of your various registered apps.
shhhhh...don't tell Penguin!
Joykins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 08:53 PM   #48
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Oops! Did I say that out loud?
Old 02-25-2012, 08:57 PM   #49
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
I don't know..... I borrowed High Fidelity, it's in my Amazon Media Library, but I don't see it in the archive on my iPad....
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 10:57 PM   #50
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

I don't know what to say. I have a Kindle 2 and every OverDrive Library book I've ever borrowed has been available to my Kindle for PC/Mac apps via the archive.
Old 02-25-2012, 11:06 PM   #51
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by pidgeon92 View Post
I don't know..... I borrowed High Fidelity, it's in my Amazon Media Library, but I don't see it in the archive on my iPad....
Can you send it to your iPad via your MYK page?
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 11:34 PM   #52
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Can you send it to your iPad via your MYK page?
No. High Fidelity does not appear there:

It's no longer listed in my Media Library, either.

When I try to download High Fidelity via the Philly library link to Amazon, these are my USB options... As you can see, only the actual Kindle devices are not greyed out:

Old 02-25-2012, 11:52 PM   #53
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by pidgeon92 View Post
No. High Fidelity does not appear there:

It's no longer listed in my Media Library, either.

When I try to download High Fidelity via the Philly library link to Amazon, these are my USB options... As you can see, only the actual Kindle devices are not greyed out:
From what Monkey said you download via for your Kindle Device USB and it should show up for all Kindles and apps in your Archive once you do that.

Last edited by Blossom; 02-26-2012 at 12:14 AM.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 12:29 PM   #54
pidgeon92
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
From what Monkey said you download via for your Kindle Device USB and it should show up for all Kindles and apps in your Archive once you do that.
Yep, that did it. It now appears in the archives on my iPad, and it opens as well.
Old 02-28-2012, 11:49 PM   #55
dkperez
Groupie
dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: nine
OK, Tubemonkey and all, I'm missing something on tie process...

Do I, or do I NOT, need a Kindle - an actual Kindle device as opposed to the Kindle app - to get a Penguin book from the library? Can you lay out the detailed steps for me to get the book from the "Download" button at the library on to the PC with the Kindle app?
dkperez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 12:18 AM   #56
Joykins
Wizard
Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkperez View Post

Do I, or do I NOT, need a Kindle - an actual Kindle device as opposed to the Kindle app - to get a Penguin book from the library? Can you lay out the detailed steps for me to get the book from the "Download" button at the library on to the PC with the Kindle app?
From what I can tell, you need an actual Kindle device. You don't need to actually put the book ON the Kindle, but you do have to have an accurate PID of a \Kindle--this could be an very cheap old or broken Kindle for all it matters-- linked to your amazon account.

If you have the Kindle device/PID, you do the USB download of the file for your Kindle. Just leave this file on your hard drive or delete it--it doesn't matter. Then fire up your K4PC app and go to the archives and you can open the file.

The USB download keyed to the Kindle device seems to be a necessary step to getting the book in your Amazon library, from which it will show up as an archived book on your apps.

This whole thing is stupid beyond belief, but so is thinking that using Overdrive doesn't have enough "friction."

Last edited by Joykins; 02-29-2012 at 12:21 AM.
Old 02-29-2012, 01:08 AM   #57
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkperez View Post

You need an actual, physical Kindle registered to your account. If you don't have one, there's no way to get Penguin books.

Do you have a Kindle?
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 01:15 AM   #58
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joykins View Post
This whole thing is stupid beyond belief, but so is thinking that using Overdrive doesn't have enough "friction."
This whole process is creating great friction between my index and ring fingers every time I gesture Penguin with my middle finger.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 01:53 AM   #59
Joykins
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
This whole process is creating great friction between my index and ring fingers every time I gesture Penguin with my middle finger.
I can't imagine waiting weeks and weeks for a book just to NOT be able to get it for your Kindle app (although tbh I've gone back to checking out epubs-- I did that for 2 years so I know I'm going to end up with the book on my nook at the end of it).

Friction my Aunt Fanny.
Old 02-29-2012, 12:56 PM   #60
pidgeon92
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joykins View Post
I can't imagine waiting weeks and weeks for a book just to NOT be able to get it for your Kindle app (although tbh I've gone back to checking out epubs-- I did that for 2 years so I know I'm going to end up with the book on my nook at the end of it).
Yes, just get the ePub. I have yet to come across a library book that only had a Kindle version.