Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 08-24-2014, 07:45 PM   #8011
PoP
Fᵘᶻᶻʸ⅓⋚¹¹⫽₃₃⪓¹¹¹⫻₃₃₃ Mᵃᵗʰ
PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3.₄, PRS-350, SGS3, Rπ, iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
You mean "to which you could not relate" ??
Originally "which I could not relate to"... Humm ...thinking ...thinking You must be right : I'll research.
PoP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 01:42 PM   #8012
PoP
Fᵘᶻᶻʸ⅓⋚¹¹⫽₃₃⪓¹¹¹⫻₃₃₃ Mᵃᵗʰ
PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3.₄, PRS-350, SGS3, Rπ, iPad Air
^

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
You mean "to which you could not relate" ??
While I am still baffled by the grammar, I find it funny that I (uncounsciously and probably wrongly) ended my own sentence with a preposition such as Stitchawl's Nebraskan Retirement Option:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
4. You end sentences with a preposition: "Where's my coat at."
In my research, I found this to also be common to Texans:

A Texan professor and an Oxford professor are chilling at a conference bar. The Texan professor, bored, looks to the Oxford professor and strikes up a conversation. “So there partner, where y’all from?” Oxford prof. replies, pushing his glasses to his nose: “Well, in reply to your query, I hail from Oxford. In addition, where I come from, we never end our sentences in a preposition.” The Texan prof. blinks once, shrugs his shoulders and drawls, “My apologies! What I mean to say is ‘where y’all from, asshole?’”
PoP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 04:29 PM   #8013
badgoodDeb
Wizard
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm-many, Kindle1, K3, iPad, iPhone 4
( I wasn't sure if you did it on purpose, or not! I thought you might have.....) Oh, and I've been seeing articles go by lately stating that those rules aren't really true, and that some prepositions work just FINE that way, thank you. So dinna fash yersel aboot it.
badgoodDeb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:01 PM   #8014
orlok
Getting back into it
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire HD, Kobo glo
A farmer goes out and buys a new, young rooster. As soon as he brings him home, the young rooster rushes and services all 150 of the farmers hens. The farmer is impressed. At lunchtime, the young rooster again services all 150 hens. The farmer is not just impressed anymore, he is worried.

Next morning, not only is the rooster servicing the hens but he is servicing the turkeys, ducks even the cow. Later farmer looks out into the barnyard and finds the rooster stretched out, limp as a rag, his eyes closed, dead and vultures circling overhead. The farmer runs out, looks down at the young rooster's limp body and says: "You deserved it, you horny bastard!"

And the young rooster opens one eye, points up at the vultures with his wing, and says, "Shhhh!, they're about to land."
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:08 PM   #8015
yvanleterrible
When books can fly!
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini in my lunchbox.
Probably an oldie but I just read it for the first time.

" Do not trust atoms. They make up everything."
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote