Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 08-15-2015, 02:52 PM   #1
ArmadilloPilot
Enthusiast
ArmadilloPilot began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook Verse Pro
New T-1

I have used a 650 for many years, successfully I might add. Today, I had an opportunity to purchase a new, discounted T1 ($39). Now I have to learn this system. But first, I have a question. Is there a firmware update/hack that I should consider? I did load one on my 650 several years ago, and enjoyed using that one. Also any other tips/tricks would be appreciated. For the time being I will just try to manage the device with Caliber, like I did on the 650. That's were my library resides.
ArmadilloPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 07:46 PM   #2
ArmadilloPilot
Enthusiast
ArmadilloPilot began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook Verse Pro
T1 Works good with Calibre

Made my first connection and transferred first books from PC via Calibre. Worked perfectly. Now I can pick where I left off reading on 650. So far so good.
ArmadilloPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-15-2015, 11:47 PM   #3
DoctorM
Groupie
DoctorM herds cats with both ease and graceDoctorM herds cats with both ease and graceDoctorM herds cats with both ease and graceDoctorM herds cats with both ease and graceDoctorM herds cats with both ease and graceDoctorM herds cats with both ease and graceDoctorM herds cats with both ease and graceDoctorM herds cats with both ease and graceDoctorM herds cats with both ease and graceDoctorM herds cats with both ease and graceDoctorM herds cats with both ease and grace

Device: none
If you plan on rooting your reader (https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/PRST...ing_and_Tweaks), specific firmwares are used.

If you install the most recent firmware (which replaces Sony Store with Kobo), you cannot root your reader or downgrade the firmware later.

Decide what is most important to you before making a change.
DoctorM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 09:26 AM   #4
Ghitulescu
Fanatic
Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1
IMHO you should update/upgrade/root your device if you're unhappy with some of its functions and/or have better things.

There will ALWAYS be a risk to do upgrades for the sake of upgrading.
Ghitulescu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 12:25 PM   #5
tvuongpham
Banned
tvuongpham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tvuongpham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tvuongpham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tvuongpham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tvuongpham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tvuongpham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tvuongpham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tvuongpham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tvuongpham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tvuongpham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tvuongpham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Kindle Paperwhite 2nd gen, Kindle KB (dead) PRS-T1, PRS 350
The PRS-T1 (and sony in general) updates are few and i haven't seen much benefit to their firmware updates...

I have the original firmware and it works fine, just due to the age of the HW it gets a bit slow for me. But overall it will be a good backup e-reader, next to my PRS-350 (with case and light)

Reading for pleasure is a leisure activity not to race through the books.. although reading a good novel.. you can go really fast through the pages.
tvuongpham is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-05-2015, 12:24 PM   #6
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ALL DEVICES ARE STOCK: Kobo Clara, Tolino Shine 2, Sony PRS-T3, T1
If you want to be able to buy directly from Kobo on the T1 you would need the firmware update that allows this. I don't recall any other significant changes, nothing that affected the actual performance of reading books.
4691mls is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
prs t1, prs650