Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > Kindle Books

Notices

Old 06-26-2011, 05:42 AM   #46
charlie53
charlie53 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Thank you so much for this I've been trying to find a complete collection for a while now and nearly all of them are either incomplete or full of errors.
charlie53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 02:29 PM   #47
purple_fishy
Zealot
purple_fishy is generous with chocolatepurple_fishy is generous with chocolatepurple_fishy is generous with chocolatepurple_fishy is generous with chocolatepurple_fishy is generous with chocolatepurple_fishy is generous with chocolatepurple_fishy is generous with chocolatepurple_fishy is generous with chocolatepurple_fishy is generous with chocolatepurple_fishy is generous with chocolatepurple_fishy is generous with chocolate

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Nook STR, iPad Air 2
I was SOOOO excited to find this. This is going on my ereader asap.
purple_fishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-20-2011, 06:54 AM   #48
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Major edit and re-arrangement of the book. All books within the omnibus are now presented in chronological order and, within the short story collections, the stories in "His Last Bow" and "The Case-Book of Sherlock Holmes" have been re-arranged into publication order. Many illustrations have been re-scanned, and several missing ones added. "The Adventure of the Cardboard Box" has been restored from "His Last Bow" to its rightful place in "The Memoirs of Sherlock Holmes" (it was omitted from the first English edition because it was felt to be too shocking at the time of original publication). At the same time, the introduction to "The Cardboard Box" which had been (badly) appended to the start of "The Resident Patient" has been removed, and the original Strand Magazine introduction restored. Many hundreds of errors have been corrected, and italics, missing accents, etc, restored. The formatting has been significantly improved (eg letters, newspaper quotes, etc, are now indented and in a smaller font). The result of all this is an immensely improved and much more error-free book.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 10:50 AM   #49
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

A number of people reported typos in the previous upload, so I thought I'd better get them corrected immediately. I've also replaced the cover by one that's consistent with the cover style that I usually use. Uploaded v10.
Old 11-25-2011, 04:25 PM   #50
DeGodefroi
Zealot
DeGodefroi began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX Graphite (had Illiad)
awesome!
DeGodefroi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-25-2011, 08:30 PM   #51
JDK1962
Groupie
JDK1962 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JDK1962 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JDK1962 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JDK1962 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JDK1962 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JDK1962 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JDK1962 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JDK1962 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JDK1962 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JDK1962 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JDK1962 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 (for PDFs)
Thanks so much for this. I've had my beloved Doubleday edition for 30+ years now, and it's so nice to have it available for the Kindle. Especially in an edition that's been gone over by someone who actually cares about getting the content right.
JDK1962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 04:51 AM   #52
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

A number of MR users have reported small errors, about a dozen in total. Fixed these, and created a new version. Many thanks for these error reports - please do let me know if you find any remaining errors; I'm sure there must still be some!
Old 12-17-2011, 08:14 AM   #53
william0912
william0912 began at the beginning.

Yesssssssssssssssssssssss
Thank you!!!
*hugs*
william0912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 10:36 AM   #54
Mousewaffle
Mousewaffle is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Mousewaffle is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Mousewaffle is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Mousewaffle is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Mousewaffle is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Mousewaffle is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Mousewaffle is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Mousewaffle is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Mousewaffle is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Mousewaffle is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Mousewaffle is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

First of all, kudos to the 10th power for the best, most-readable, easiest-to-navigate, single-volume Holmes out there. Bar none. This, and your Dickens, anchor my Kindle.

A couple small suggestions for further revisions:

1. Eliminate the page-breaks between the individual book title-pages ("xxx/published in 0000") and the book's contents listing, i.e. put them all on one page. Trivial, but it eliminates a couple extra clicks.

2. Kick the story/chapter titles up a point size or two.(<font size="+2">)

I've edited my mobi copy to do that and it helps. But then, as my friends will tell you, I need all the help I can get.
Mousewaffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 04:08 AM   #55
DeGodefroi
Zealot
DeGodefroi began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX Graphite (had Illiad)
It is awesome mate!

And you are nicer then the Daleks. :-0
" Exterminate exterminate exterminate!"
DeGodefroi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 12:21 PM   #56
the.Mtn.Man
Guru
the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
Thanks for this. It's certainly more convenient than my hardback copy!

I also notice that you've rearranged the stories in published order which is a nice change since the epub I had before had the novels listed first and then then the short stories.

Edit: Oops, wrong version, but I'm sure my comments apply to the Mobi as well!
the.Mtn.Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 03:52 AM   #57
decat88ba
decat88ba writes the songs that make the whole world sing.decat88ba writes the songs that make the whole world sing.decat88ba writes the songs that make the whole world sing.decat88ba writes the songs that make the whole world sing.decat88ba writes the songs that make the whole world sing.decat88ba writes the songs that make the whole world sing.decat88ba writes the songs that make the whole world sing.decat88ba writes the songs that make the whole world sing.decat88ba writes the songs that make the whole world sing.decat88ba writes the songs that make the whole world sing.decat88ba writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: Kindle Touch ftw
I just created an account in order to tell you all, and Harry T in particular, that you are [edit - mod] amazing. Been a Holmes fan for a while, and these complete edition really helps to unclutter my kindle library and get those stories I was having a hard time finding. So thank again, for all the hard work.

Btw, daleks rock.

Last edited by dreams; 04-13-2012 at 04:34 AM. Reason: language edit by moderator
decat88ba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 09:30 AM   #58
Joshua.P
The Dark Knight
Joshua.P ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joshua.P ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joshua.P ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joshua.P ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joshua.P ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joshua.P ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joshua.P ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joshua.P ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joshua.P ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joshua.P ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joshua.P ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard
The indents are different sizes for different paragraphs for some reason.

.....The quick brown fox
jumped over the lazy dog.
.......The quick brown fox
jumped over the lazy dog,

If you get what I mean.

Last edited by Joshua.P; 04-26-2012 at 09:35 AM.
Joshua.P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 09:36 AM   #59
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua.P View Post
The indents are different sizes for different paragraphs for some reason. Like:

Code:
       the quick brown fox
jumped over the lazy dog.
         the quick brown....
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 07:42 AM   #60
Joshua.P
The Dark Knight
Joshua.P ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joshua.P ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joshua.P ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joshua.P ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joshua.P ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joshua.P ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joshua.P ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joshua.P ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joshua.P ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joshua.P ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joshua.P ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard
So is there any way to fix this?
Joshua.P is offline   Reply With Quote