Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 01-17-2010, 10:21 AM   #1
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Even newer cover :)

So I threw this one together late this morning, or was it late last night, technically it could have been both and probably another time altogether
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	greyracefinal4.png
Views:	273
Size:	339.5 KB
ID:	43634  
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 10:22 AM   #2
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
well, i love it, but it's just making me want to read the book more, and i already have trouble waiting.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 10:30 AM   #3
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
well, i love it, but it's just making me want to read the book more, and i already have trouble waiting.
I'm editing it now. You and the others will get it before the end of the month with the added Finch Christmas story. I'm working as fast as I can, and being as Noir as I can help

Here's a snippeto

Quote:
“Beautiful,” I said.

Grey laughed. It took all of thirty seconds for his body to come to a stop.

“The waitress or Chicago? If you answer the latter I may fire you before you’re even hired. Nobody likes Chicago in the winter, not even the most fanatical Bears fan. It’s the wind you see, it gets into your very bones.”

I was going to say something cute about how it would take about a week to get to Grey’s bones through all that flesh, but I decided I liked being paid more.

“I'll take what's behind door number three, Mr.Grey.”

Grey placed his platter on the table. He started the gargantuan effort that it was for a man of his size to get comfortable on a stool that was already out of sight before he’d put his weight upon it.

“Door number three?” He said, more interested with his sitting competition.

“The beer, Mr. Grey, I was referring to the beer as being beautiful.”

“Yes, yes, the beer,” he said, finally finding his seat.

I wanted to congratulate him on his feat and maybe suggest he take up a secondary career on the high wire with such balance, but I had other things on my mind.

“The job, Mr. Grey? I don’t know enough to give you a quote, or if I’m even interested yet. But I’d like to start talking about something other than beer if it’s okay with you.”

“And yet you came all the way to Chicago from San Francisco to hear me out? That seems like an awful long way to come for curiosities sake.”

“I came for Mandy’s sake.”

“Excuse me?”
Old 01-17-2010, 10:32 AM   #4
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

moejoe, chandler would be proud of you. and i mean that 100% sincerely.
Old 01-17-2010, 10:35 AM   #5
Moejoe
Banned

Quote:
moejoe, chandler would be proud of you. and i mean that 100% sincerely.
This Noir stuff is actually more fun to write than should be allowed by the law (It helps that I've spent most of my life living in a fantasy world where everything is black and white and everyone still wears Fedora hats )
Old 01-17-2010, 10:37 AM   #6
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moejoe View Post
This Noir stuff is actually more fun to write than should be allowed by the law (It helps that I've spent most of my life living in a fantasy world where everything is black and white and everyone still wears Fedora hats )
any chance i could join you in that fantasy world ? it sounds like heaven to me. i'll just get my fedora and ultra-long cigarette holder. (the fedora will only be for special occasions, of course, because in everyday life i'll be wearing classy tailored suits and cocktail dresses.)

i can believe you it's that much fun to write, because it's that much fun to read too, and i don't think that would be the case if you'd been suffering through it.
Old 01-17-2010, 10:40 AM   #7
Moejoe
Banned

Quote:
any chance i could join you in that fantasy world ? it sounds like heaven to me. i'll just get my fedora and ultra-long cigarette holder.

i can believe you it's that much fun to write, because it's that much fun to read too, and i don't think that would be the case if you'd been suffering through it.
I had a horrible time just before the end of last year where I lost all hope with writing (but that was because of horrible, horrible things that were going on around me). I reckon that maybe writing is a cure all for what ails us, maybe reading is too, if it's fun enough. I'm not complaining,
out of all that came the new Finch novels, some new horror stuff, a zombie novel set in the 1940's with another new detective, and about 22 short stories as well, which are all 'weird'.

Oh, and if you haven't seen the Movie recommendation thread yet, there's a Noir in there I think you'll love
Old 01-17-2010, 10:44 AM   #8
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
I had a horrible time just before the end of last year where I lost all hope with writing (but that was because of horrible, horrible things that were going on around me).
yes, i remember that all too well. that was an unhappy time for a lot of us around here. i think i can safely say that we're all glad you got through it all right, even if it seemed like it was touch and go for a while.

Quote:
I reckon that maybe writing is a cure all for what ails us, maybe reading is too, if it's fun enough.
i think it can be, yes.

Quote:
I'm not complaining, out of all that came the new Finch novels, some new horror stuff, a zombie novel set in the 1940's with another new detective, and about 22 short stories as well, which are all 'weird'.
wonderful news. i'm glad that out of pain came some happiness.

Quote:
Oh, and if you haven't seen the Movie recommendation thread yet, there's a Noir in there I think you'll love
i'll go there directly.
Old 01-17-2010, 11:40 AM   #9
omk3
Wizard
omk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five words

Device: pocketbook 360, kindle 4
Love the cover and the snippet, I can't wait to read it!
You have reawakened my craving for noir...
omk3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 01:18 PM   #10
Moejoe
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by omk3 View Post
Love the cover and the snippet, I can't wait to read it!
You have reawakened my craving for noir...
I'll send you a copy when it's done
Old 01-17-2010, 01:36 PM   #11
Simon John Cox
Humble fabulist
Simon John Cox began at the beginning.

Device: None
MoeJoe - that noir excerpt is great, and the cover you've designed looks fantastic.
Simon John Cox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 02:31 PM   #12
omk3
Wizard
omk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five words

Device: pocketbook 360, kindle 4
Quote:
I'll send you a copy when it's done
Thank you, much appreciated!
But, does that mean you will only make it available to a few select readers?
omk3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 02:53 PM   #13
Moejoe
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by omk3 View Post
Thank you, much appreciated!
But, does that mean you will only make it available to a few select readers?
Means I haven't decided yet whether to release it into the wild. But if you want a copy, then I'll send you a personalised one for asking, with an extra short story to boot
Old 01-17-2010, 02:55 PM   #14
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Means I haven't decided yet whether to release it into the wild. But if you want a copy, then I'll send you a personalised one for asking, with an extra short story to boot
/zelda raises hand

can i have an extra short story to boot, too ?
Old 01-17-2010, 03:01 PM   #15
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Moejoe, I love it... "Ready..Set...Die!" I am greatly anticipating a Finch Fix.

/raising hand and bouncing up and down in her seat/ Me too. Oo, Oo, Me too.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote