Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 12-17-2009, 12:47 PM   #1
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
Harper-Collins Survey

I just completed an ebook survey from Harper-Collins. It was an email invite so I can't include a link.

Basically, I told them DRM is evil and as long as it is used I won't pay more than a fraction of the paper price. They were more interested in my opinion of additional features that I would pay extra for.
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 02:18 PM   #2
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by TallMomof2 View Post
They were more interested in my opinion of additional features that I would pay extra for.
I hope they aren't going the route of the DVD in justifying high prices for "value added" content. I have yet to look at the extra DVD's included in my purchase that contain additional content like director's commentary, scenes that didn't make the cut, blah! blah! blah!

I just want the eBook, no extras, at a reasonable price and some thought gone into a formatting.

Oh... and a cover would be nice, instead of these generic covers that I can barely distinguish one eBook from another.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-17-2009, 03:07 PM   #3
kwjones
Groupie
kwjones once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kwjones once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kwjones once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kwjones once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kwjones once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kwjones once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kwjones once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kwjones once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kwjones once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kwjones once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kwjones once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Sony PRS-505; Motorola Droid
I got that survey emailed to me. Very few of their optional features appealed to me.

My final comment was that I refused to purchase any ebook crippled by DRM.
kwjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 03:09 PM   #4
Beau
Connoisseur
Beau doesn't litterBeau doesn't litter

Device: Sony 700, ipod Touch, iphone, Galaxy Tab
I got the same... hope they are listening. They were more interested in seeing if I was interested in multimedia content as well... and well, and would I pay for it.

I did try to give the same feedback.... no drm, I want to develop an ebook library that I keep the same as a print one, and no, I won't and don't buy print if you don't have it in my preferred format.
Beau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 03:19 PM   #5
kwjones
Groupie
kwjones once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kwjones once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kwjones once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kwjones once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kwjones once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kwjones once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kwjones once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kwjones once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kwjones once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kwjones once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kwjones once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Sony PRS-505; Motorola Droid
I probably should have said something about poor editing as well. I might have to take the survey again on my PC at home.
kwjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-17-2009, 03:41 PM   #6
Xenophon
curmudgeon
Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, (ex)nook, (ex)PRS-700, (ex)PRS-500
I also took the survey. Same comments as others above on DRM. I also told them they should send their business people over to Baen to learn how to do eBooks right (and WHY they should do that, along with a preview of what they'd learn).

Xenophon
Xenophon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 03:53 PM   #7
lisreed
Addict
lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.

Device: Nook GlowLight 3
I got the survey as well. Made the end comments about not liking drm but also told them most their added value ideas don't appeal to me as I want to read books not watch a movie or have video with my books.
lisreed is offline   Reply With Quote