Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Alternative Devices

Notices

Old 12-04-2009, 12:42 AM   #1
Hellmark
Wizard
Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nokia N800, PRS-505, Nook STR Glowlight, Kindle 3
Reader software with epub support for Blackberry?

So far I've seen ereader and mobipocket software, but nothing with epub support. Anyone know of something?
Hellmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 04:39 PM   #2
agreig
agreig began at the beginning.

Device: BlackBerry Storm2
I use calibre + mobireader

Not very pretty synching but:

1) I use caliber to keep my ebooks organized
2) Convert to mobi version in a sep dir
3) Sync my mobireader to that dir
4) Sync my BB to mobireader...
agreig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 06:04 PM   #3
JohnB
Enthusiast
JohnB began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS500, iPAQ 4700, Rocket Ebook, BlackBerry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellmark View Post
So far I've seen ereader and mobipocket software, but nothing with epub support. Anyone know of something?
I'm looking for the same. I use Mobipocket Reader, which is nice, but requires a conversion. What a Tower of Babel we have here!
JohnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 09:53 PM   #4
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
The B&N Reader for iPhone has just added ePub support. It is probably coming for its BlackBerry app too, because otherwise they won't be able to sync ebooks between device types. I don't know if this will allow you to access your own DRM-free ePubs as well as B&N's ePubs.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 08:25 PM   #5
silinthar
silinthar began at the beginning.

Device: ereader on BB Storm
I'm looking for the same thing, but I have tired of the lack of improvement of the software and the long load time anytime I use it. The fact that I have to wait a minute to get to a book and to leave the book for any reason you have to face the same load time again is extremely annoying. I guess i have to wait for Kindle to finally get off their a$$ and embrace blackberry.
silinthar is offline   Reply With Quote