Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-04-2013, 07:56 AM   #256
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Why not just a pile of firewood instead of a boy and tree.
It is what I would think of as a hacked up tree (and maybe hacked up boy).
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 08:16 AM   #257
bhaak
Groupie
bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Palm IIIx, (iPhone|Kindle) Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Why not just a pile of firewood instead of a boy and tree.
It is what I would think of as a hacked up tree (and maybe hacked up boy).
Hey, that's a good idea, too.
bhaak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 12:32 AM   #258
topper0764
topper0764 doesn't littertopper0764 doesn't littertopper0764 doesn't litter

Device: Kindle pw
the download link is dead
topper0764 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 12:55 AM   #259
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
0.4 mirror then

http://ge.tt/8IxxKzb

no charge
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 01:56 AM   #260
topper0764
topper0764 doesn't littertopper0764 doesn't littertopper0764 doesn't litter

Device: Kindle pw
Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
0.4 mirror then

http://ge.tt/8IxxKzb

no charge
thx bro
topper0764 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 04:53 AM   #261
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

no problem. Probably the dyndns was down for a second or something. Ill leave them there for now. Meaningful title added.
Old 03-24-2013, 05:33 AM   #262
bhaak
Groupie
bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by topper0764 View Post
the download link is dead
I don't see a network problem on my side for at least the last 24 hours.

The ip address for the server changed a few days ago but by now the new ip should have propagated everywhere. Other than that I don't see anything that could have caused connection problems.
Old 03-29-2013, 11:47 AM   #263
ghudod
Connoisseur
ghudod shares his or her toysghudod shares his or her toysghudod shares his or her toysghudod shares his or her toysghudod shares his or her toysghudod shares his or her toysghudod shares his or her toysghudod shares his or her toysghudod shares his or her toysghudod shares his or her toysghudod shares his or her toys

Device: none
I installed the reader on my PW and I must say it works nicely, except I cannot find a simple way to adjust the light of the screen except for exiting the reader completely, adjust the light through the standard kindle interface and then restart the reader, which is kind of anoying.
Is there an easy way to adjust the light while being inside the reader?
This video shows an adjustment bar for cool reader that looks like a nice solution, is this also available on this reader?
ghudod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 10:11 AM   #264
bhaak
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghudod View Post
I installed the reader on my PW and I must say it works nicely, except I cannot find a simple way to adjust the light of the screen except for exiting the reader completely, adjust the light through the standard kindle interface and then restart the reader, which is kind of anoying.
Is there an easy way to adjust the light while being inside the reader?
This video shows an adjustment bar for cool reader that looks like a nice solution, is this also available on this reader?
No, there is currently no way to do this. I don't have a PaperWhite so I couldn't test it, although when looking at the source code of the program shown in the video, it to incorporate. I take a note about this feature for a later release.

I noticed when looking at the code that the height of the menu area is fixed (60 pixels). I wonder if PW owner have trouble hitting that area?
Old 04-06-2013, 01:56 PM   #265
wisecrick
Enthusiast
wisecrick can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.wisecrick can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.wisecrick can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.wisecrick can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.wisecrick can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.wisecrick can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.wisecrick can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.wisecrick can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.wisecrick can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.wisecrick can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.wisecrick can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: KT B011
Can Hacked Up Reader have its own fonts? I want it to have Microsoft YaHei, but I don't want YaHei to be a system-wide font as it's very huge.
wisecrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 02:37 PM   #266
twobob

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisecrick View Post
Can Hacked Up Reader have its own fonts? I want it to have Microsoft YaHei, but I don't want YaHei to be a system-wide font as it's very huge.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...11&postcount=9 ?? maybe?
Old 04-06-2013, 02:48 PM   #267
yiming
Zealot
yiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Kindle Touch, PW2, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by wisecrick View Post
Hacked Up Reader supports ALT_USE_FONTS.
yiming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 03:22 PM   #268
wisecrick
Enthusiast
wisecrick can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.wisecrick can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.wisecrick can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.wisecrick can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.wisecrick can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.wisecrick can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.wisecrick can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.wisecrick can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.wisecrick can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.wisecrick can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.wisecrick can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yiming View Post
Hacked Up Reader supports ALT_USE_FONTS.
How to configure it, please?
Old 04-06-2013, 03:30 PM   #269
twobob

The thing I linked to has information on that.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=420

I really hope that helps a little.
Old 04-06-2013, 04:31 PM   #270
wisecrick
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
The thing I linked to has information on that.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=420

I really hope that helps a little.
Thank you twobob, but I don't mean to add YaHei to System Fonts and hide it. If I'm right, YaHei will use lots of system memory, and KT's memory is already very tiny.

I hope the Hacked Up Reader and KoReader will be the only programs that will see YaHei, if possible. It seems KoReader can load its custom fonts

Tags
epub, launcher add-ons