Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > OpenInkpot

Notices

Old 06-02-2010, 11:07 AM   #1
ascherjim
Addict
ascherjim has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ascherjim has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ascherjim has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: BeBook One, PocketBook 360, Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Aura One
Copying from SD to Main Memory

This query has probably already been answered before in this forum, but I can't adequately formulate a search to locate it.

As I can't use WinSCP to transfer files to my BeBook One employing OpenInkpot with my Windows 7 64-bit OS (as previously reported in this forum) I'd like to be able to load a file from my PC to my SD card, then transfer the file from the SD card to Main Memory within the reader. Is this possible? The OI instruction site doesn't seem to mention this.
Old 06-02-2010, 03:29 PM   #2
cloggy
Connoisseur
cloggy began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Sony PRS-T1
Once selected the folder or book you want to copy, keep pressing the appropriate number key of your option till you see the menu appearing (option 4 is to Copy). Go to the Internal Memory and press the '0' key and select option 9 (Copy file(s) here)...that's it. If it you don't see the copy function, install one of the latest dailybuilds as it was function was introduced a few months ago.
Note that this copy function works for both individual books and folders.
Advert
Old 06-02-2010, 05:14 PM   #3
ascherjim
Addict
ascherjim has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ascherjim has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ascherjim has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Cloggy: Thanks. That worked fine, but as you surmised my build version was too old and I had to re-flash the latest, the one of June 1. In that version the copy button is 5, not 4. I was relieved to see that the particular font I'd initially imported months ago was still there and I didn't have to re-import it. Thanks again.
Old 06-02-2010, 06:23 PM   #4
cloggy
Connoisseur

Hi, I just installed the June 1 version too and I saw that the copy version is #6 if you want to copy a book and #4 if you want to copy a complete folder.
Are we talking about the same version of the firmware, i.e. hanlin-v3ext?
Old 06-02-2010, 06:59 PM   #5
ascherjim
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloggy View Post
Hi, I just installed the June 1 version too and I saw that the copy version is #6 if you want to copy a book and #4 if you want to copy a complete folder.
Are we talking about the same version of the firmware, i.e. hanlin-v3ext?
I'm puzzled too. My screen says I've just installed (flashed) OpenInkpot 20100601 (v3ext).
Advert
Old 06-03-2010, 03:19 AM   #6
cloggy
Connoisseur

..not so important as long as the function by itself is available... :-)