Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-26-2010, 08:59 AM   #1
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
Is there a way to organize or delete clippings on the Kindle?

I have been reading a lot of non-fiction lately and have accumulated several screens worth of clippings on the Kindle. Is there a way to edit or organize these at all? For example, I would like them to be grouped by book and not chronologically so that if I add a clipping from a book that is already clipped from, it will add the new clipping not to the end of the file but to where the other ones from that book are. Also, there is an accidental clipping which is empty. I must have hit the cursor by accident. I want to delete this clipping. Any suggestions for better ways to work with notes and clippings.
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 03:29 PM   #2
susan_cassidy
Wizard
susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad (not used much for reading)
The actual highlights and notes are saved per book. The copy in "My Clippings.txt" is just an additional copy. The version saved inside the book will be all together, if that makes sense. You can access your clippings via the web, too. Go to http://kindle.amazon.com/ and sign in. I think the clippings might be more organized on the web page.
susan_cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-27-2010, 09:40 AM   #3
GRiker
Comparer of the Ephemeris
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Calibre 0.6.45 will fetch annotations from a connected Kindle using the 'Fetch annotations' command in the 'Send to device' menu. Highlights and annotations are added to the book's comments field.

See this thread.

G
GRiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 04:48 AM   #4
bookoffers
Connoisseur
bookoffers began at the beginning.

Device: NOne
i definitely agree with susan_cassidy.. You can easily organize your clippings vie web. You may refer to this site for more info regarding this matter..Hope that helps..

Last edited by bookoffers; 04-15-2010 at 05:14 AM.
bookoffers is offline   Reply With Quote